Custom Map #2840: Abandoned Facility. By: flareboy127

Started by AutoPost, November 28, 2015, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2840: Abandoned Facility

Author: flareboy127
Size: 256x256

Desc:
The remaning survivors move on to an abandoned facility where they will produce plating for the new landers. Take back the facility or lose a vital recourse network for the survivors. All sleeper code credit goes to Telanir. EP3 of my map series (And yes the big thing in the middle is not meant to be destroyed.)

flareboy127

Sorry for anyone who experiences lag on this map. it is a big one, I usually try to make smaller maps but this one needed room, Hope you enjoy anyways!
NMASDA - National Missile and Atomic Science Development Association - CW3 Post your scores to the group NMASDA today!

Johnny Haywire

Another great job on a Sleeper map, dude! Kinda wish the Sleeper AI wasn't so dumb sometimes... the Sleeper CN headed right for my snipers, landed in front of them and never moved. Was looking forward to the challenge of taking the middle, but oh well.

I liked the drone things - made it a little more interesting & challenging.

Keep it up please!  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Tjgalon

One thing i had to watch out for, was pausing did not stop though bomb, I unpaused and half the base was destroyed, lol

D0m0nik

I don't really get the Sleeper maps, it seems that every map has one simple tactic: Upgrade range to 200 or 400, upgrade fire rate, build 10-15 snipers, take out sleeper with snipers.

Having said that this map looks great and I played it again just to attack the fortress in the middle.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Tjgalon on November 29, 2015, 12:22:24 AM
One thing i had to watch out for, was pausing did not stop though bomb, I unpaused and half the base was destroyed, lol

Yeah, that's really nasty.

Also, what's with the unkillable emitters that pop up at various locations?  Just about destroyed my base.

Finally, what's the thing in the center.  It's got health that you can take off with nullifiers but once the health is gone it doesn't die.

Tjgalon

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 30, 2015, 08:19:15 PM
Quote from: Tjgalon on November 29, 2015, 12:22:24 AM

Yeah, that's really nasty.

Also, what's with the unkillable emitters that pop up at various locations?  Just about destroyed my base.

Finally, what's the thing in the center.  It's got health that you can take off with nullifiers but once the health is gone it doesn't die.
I am unsure about the center thing, some unkillable ones seem weak to snipers.

Jerdog

Please try to remember to tag sleeper maps with #sleeper

flareboy127

The center building is supposed to be un-killable and I'm working on the next map where that is resolved, but I'm not very good at making custom turrets so it might take a while for me to program the map. Also, my graphics design sucks so the turret might look a bit blocky, but for now, I hope you people enjoy the maps I'm making.
NMASDA - National Missile and Atomic Science Development Association - CW3 Post your scores to the group NMASDA today!

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I for one definitely enjoy your maps! Dunno why, but I like sleeper maps most of the time... I've often thought how cool it would be if there was a PvP function in the game that would be a kind of mix of PAC/Sleeper vs Normal. I'm sure there'd need to be a lot of balancing & tweaks and such... but yanno, it's unlikely to ever happen so meh, no use dragging that out.

Keep up the good work, it's appreciated  :D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?