Started by AutoPost, August 29, 2024, 03:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11257: SPORE

Author:
Size: 128x84

Desc:

oldnewby

Thank you... UNKNOWN AUTHOR... for an interesting challenge that required two new-to-me "how-to-play" tactics for activating and connecting a long distant energy supply and moving the three widely spaced Command Ships ASAP to fast-feed a multitude of nullifiers...
Good show!!! 

teknotiss

Quote from: oldnewby on September 01, 2024, 02:16:53 PMThank you... UNKNOWN AUTHOR... for an interesting challenge that required two new-to-me "how-to-play" tactics for activating and connecting a long distant energy supply and moving the three widely spaced Command Ships ASAP to fast-feed a multitude of nullifiers...
Good show!!! 

had a bash at this one cos of your comment dude...

fun map... i only built 6 nullifiers... 3 at first, then 3 in PZ's having moved my CN's onto some other PZ's...

fun how much more effort it takes to shave 15 secs off my time to get yours!

interesting map for demos of play styles i think!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

oldnewby

Quote from: teknotiss on September 04, 2024, 05:02:02 PM
Quote from: oldnewby on September 01, 2024, 02:16:53 PMThank you... UNKNOWN AUTHOR... for an interesting challenge that required two new-to-me "how-to-play" tactics for activating and connecting a long distant energy supply and moving the three widely spaced Command Ships ASAP to fast-feed a multitude of nullifiers...
Good show!!! 

had a bash at this one cos of your comment dude...

fun map... i only built 6 nullifiers... 3 at first, then 3 in PZ's having moved my CN's onto some other PZ's...

fun how much more effort it takes to shave 15 secs off my time to get yours!

interesting map for demos of play styles i think!

Hi Teknotiss.... 
Truly Less is more... or in this map... faster...
My first run also fell into the trap of relying on PZs to finish the map...

My First learning... How to charge all the Command ships at once...
Spoiler
It is possible to max the spacing of the 3 CS's... by using the trick of placing one CS adjacent to the energy packet...  Then a collector adjacent to that first CS... then a 2nd collector the max distance from the 1st...towards the East SE... and then placing a third collector just a smidge closer to the CS than the last...  IE the MAX distance for a connection to the first TWO CSs ... then delete the first two unneeded collectors...    THEN place the 2nd CS the MAX distance from the 1st CS... 
Now repeat the above for the max distance to the 3rd CS...
ONCE the above is in place... it becomes possible to charge all 3 CSs with unlimited energy by charging the Syphon and the 2 collectors simultaneously... and ALMOST INSTANTLY it is possible fly all 3 of them down to the three best landing zones you previously laid out in the midst of all those targets... 
Strongly suggest sending the eastern CS to the farthest EAST landing pad because it will start charging all of the nullifiers it flies over while the farthest WEST CS' are still on their way... 
[close]

My second learning... Unlimited energy???
Spoiler
With Unlimited energy... the number of nullifiers being charged can be huge without affecting the total elapsed time...
Place the final CS landing pads so that the distances from the 3 Command Ships to all those nullifiers is as short as possible AND so that the far ends of any pairs of relays are all placed immediately adjacent to each of all those nullifiers... 
[close]

PS... The usual collector grid  along with a relay grid helps ensure that the connection from the syphon energy packet to all those CSs is maintained...  As usual a good pre start layout pays dividends...