Custom Map #10961: Childish attempt at PAC 5 - no tricks. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, November 27, 2023, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10961: Childish attempt at PAC 5 - no tricks

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 150x160

Desc:
this is my fifth PAC map. There are no tricks here, and it should finish the normal way regarldess of how you win. Many thanks to Rennervate / AlexX for the PAC files, and for information on how to use them. Thanks to Mr. builder17 for useful tips. I'd appreciate your feedback in the forums... #PAC #Play As Creeper

spirix

this will take a while... well done Martin, sorry for sneaking around your defence! :)
Spoiler

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: spirix on November 27, 2023, 01:48:34 PMthis will take a while... well done Martin, sorry for sneaking around your defence! :)
Spoiler

Well done! Thanks for playing

hawgwash

Am I missing something?  Or can someone explain how the only sources of energy I see are two CNs plus one reactor in a PZ can almost endlessly supply guppies and beams? 

D0m0nik

Quote from: hawgwash on November 27, 2023, 03:15:54 PMAm I missing something?  Or can someone explain how the only sources of energy I see are two CNs plus one reactor in a PZ can almost endlessly supply guppies and beams?
Stacked units. That will be multiple reactors all occupying the same space.

Martin Gronsdal

correct, there are many, many reactors on that PZ, just like there is an insane amount of stacked ore mines.

thanks for playing

Loren Pechtel

Why do I even try your maps?  You almost always beat me.  Can't crack the bottom right.

Martin Gronsdal

try to alternate between many spores and many supporting emitters. Turtle one island after another.... aim spores for void and land, use the arrow to push creeper where you need it. Grab PZ's as fast as you can.

Thanks for playing

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on November 27, 2023, 04:06:26 PMtry to alternate between many spores and many supporting emitters. Turtle one island after another.... aim spores for void and land, use the arrow to push creeper where you need it. Grab PZ's as fast as you can.

Thanks for playing

I got to the last horizontal island but can't go past that.  It doesn't help that for some reason the wall around the AC broke.  I wasn't aware of any creep reaching it.

rennervate

I only managed it a millimeter at a time in mini steps. spurs mm for mm. was a bit boring for a noob like me. It then worked at 4x speed
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

stdout

If the wall of AC breaks, you have lost and will need to restart (or go to a previous save).

The bottom right can be taken purely by spores. Set most of your emitters to spore towers and make them all hit simultaneously. It will take several waves before you finally get a hit. In my playthrough I disconnected the right from the left with digitalis (carefully avoiding the wall!) before the spore storm.

D0m0nik

Very clever map! I like what you are doing with these, certainly putting a different twist on the genre! Unfortunately I don't have enough hours in the day to keep up!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: stdout on November 29, 2023, 08:47:54 AMIf the wall of AC breaks, you have lost and will need to restart (or go to a previous save).

The bottom right can be taken purely by spores. Set most of your emitters to spore towers and make them all hit simultaneously. It will take several waves before you finally get a hit. In my playthrough I disconnected the right from the left with digitalis (carefully avoiding the wall!) before the spore storm.

I never fired on the wall, it broke anyway.