Started by AutoPost, September 21, 2023, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10879: Some Ore Twist

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 60x140

Desc:

wolfgoesmoo

Am I supposed to be able to get enough aether for level 5 fire range? Or is that just a distraction?

Martin Gronsdal

You are supposed to do that, unless Weasee found a different way..

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 23, 2023, 01:52:23 PMYou are supposed to do that, unless Weasee found a different way..

Thanks! Once you reassured me of that I realized the last little piece I needed to place that was pretty obvious in retrospect.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on September 23, 2023, 03:13:19 PM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 23, 2023, 01:52:23 PMYou are supposed to do that, unless Weasee found a different way..

Thanks! Once you reassured me of that I realized the last little piece I needed to place that was pretty obvious in retrospect.

What was that?

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 23, 2023, 05:41:00 PM

What was that?

I just needed to
Spoiler
use a guppy to let the CN attach to a pre-built network of reactors on the south end. Without that extra few seconds I couldn't quite charge the totem's enough.
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

Weasee

Yes, I got enough aether for the level 5 range, but I just

Spoiler
landed the guppy in the creeper to power the CN as it flew by, didn't use a connected reactor network.
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 27, 2023, 06:33:55 AMHow did you guys find the start?

I thought the start was pretty reasonable! It took some thinking but didn't end up leaving me scratching my head too badly. I can also see how Wease's solution would've done the job just fine.

Weasee

Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on September 27, 2023, 05:55:08 PM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 27, 2023, 06:33:55 AMHow did you guys find the start?

I thought the start was pretty reasonable! It took some thinking but didn't end up leaving me scratching my head too badly. I can also see how Wease's solution would've done the job just fine.

Yes, not too hard for me either.
Spoiler
To solve the beam dying too early, I delayed arming it a few seconds. Allowed killing the core node without having to lift off the beam and drop it back down ;-)
[close]