Main Menu

CW2 Scores App

Started by knucracker, August 09, 2011, 12:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

I have updated the CW2 scores flash app recently.  It appears to be working fine for me... but I would like to know if anyone else is having problems loading the app and viewing the scores.  Here is the URL:
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/viewscores.php

When you visit this page you should see the scores flash app (it could take a few seconds to load) (or a minute if you are on a modem).

MadMag

Lord_Farin

It loads perfectly, and everything works... However, it still crashes in FF (5.0 by now) when I try to paste a copied string of text into the code mission field. I would be grateful if this would be resolved.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

CobraKill

Works on PC, not iPod Touch. But that's the way it is.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 09, 2011, 12:24:06 PM
It loads perfectly, and everything works... However, it still crashes in FF (5.0 by now) when I try to paste a copied string of text into the code mission field. I would be grateful if this would be resolved.

Even copy/paste from CW2 into the mission field works fine for me now (also with FF 5.0), while this used to crash the Flash Plug-in before.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

knucracker

Looks like there were some issues with not being able to load the app if you didn't have flash 10.2 or later installed (10.3 is the current version).  I rebuilt the score app the other day with the latest flex sdk and looks like that had a minimum requirement of 10.2.

I have updated the containing html page so that it detects the flash version and will prompt folks on older versions to update. 

Also, I was hopeful that the latest sdk might address any strange crash issues with flash and firefox.  If you still experience any problems, make sure you have the latest flash player and also force refresh the scores page to make sure you have the latest version running.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 09, 2011, 12:24:06 PM
Resolved now... I can also copy-paste. Maybe it was a cache thingie. Thanks anyway, Virgil. Good job.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Katra

Copy-paste works now.  ;D Thanks.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Grauniad

Could you show the thumbnail image of the map in the scores app? There seem to be enough space for it. The same image with best time/score, etc as you have in the in-game browser for custom maps.

Edit: For Custom maps, of course.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Grauniad

There should also perhaps be some indicator on whether a custom map actually exists when one tries to browse to a non-existent score.

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

J

hmm... Beta's ready have scores on map ID 1-7 but the custom maps page is still unavailable.
Quote from: UpperKEES on August 10, 2011, 01:32:02 PM
Both good suggestions!
+1

knucracker

Yeah, showing the little thumbnail would be a good idea.....

Grauniad

You could show this whole thing, then if people want, they can even download it from browsing scores, or whatever. Cross-connecting stuff is good. Reuse of stuff is also goodness. :)