Can't download CW1 & 2

Started by Killer007lite, December 12, 2015, 02:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer007lite

I got the trilogy from gamers gate a while back and since then I got a new computer, however recently I tried to install them both and CW1 failed to download , is there something I'm missing?

Screenshot showing error , proving error is wrong and some sort of purchase conformation (Activation key is censored)

Thanks.

knucracker

Strictly speaking this is an issue with the gamersgate installer/downloader, but it looks like it can't rename the file it downloaded to creeperworld.exe.  This is probably because there is a file with that name already and it is locked, or the user you are running as doesn't have the necessary permissions.  Have you tried a full system reboot yet?

Killer007lite

No, Don't know what that does and how to do it, but what I don't get is how there's a file it can't rename but that file is non-existent i'll try to pin point where it thinks the file is before I resort to a full reboot.

Thanks for the reply virgil. :D

EDIT: turns out that there is a file named similarly, so I ran it (Unsafe I know) and long and behold it installed.
The only thing I'm missing is the editor (love making maps on my favourite games) Know where it is by chance?

Thanks again for the help.

Builder17

If you are asking about map editors of CW1 and CW2 , these links work.
CW2 map editor
CW1 map editor

Killer007lite

Thanks for the help Builder got them installed and ready.