Add map title to website's TITLE tag

Started by Timwi, March 05, 2010, 08:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timwi

All the custom maps-related webpages have "Creeper World Custom Maps" in their title. It would be useful:

* to have the map's title in the title; and
* to have some way of telling the comments page from the scores page, e.g. add "(comments)"/"(scores)" at the end. — no longer relevant

knucracker

If you are wanting to provide a link that comes up on scores (Rather than comments you can do this:)
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=610&scores=1
Where id is the map id you want to link to and "scores=1" tells the page to show scores rather than the default comments.

Timwi

virgilw, did you get around to considering this suggestion?

Your comment above does not appear to relate to the suggestion.

UpperKEES

Virgil means you can link to the scores instead of the comments as well, so he probably misunderstood that you just like to see a more meaningful web page title. Give him a break; he has just been cranking out a very nice update!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Timwi,
  With the implementation of the comments page on SMF (forum) it has reduced the need for Virgil to differentiate on the webb pages between comments ans cores, don't you agree?

As for including the map name in the title tag, that is a good idea and similar to one that Virgil implemented some time back for the actual Creeper World Game when one plays a specific map.

Maybe next time he spends some time working on the website, he can take some time to differentiate between the main maps page and one page that is specific to an individual map.  But we will all live without it if he doesn't, I suspect. :)

It may be that currently the map pages have two parts, a template for the <head> tag and then only a custom PHP part for the <body> (or even only part of it)  tag. In such a case it might take more work to have the PHP script generate all the HTML for the entire page. Not much, but still some work.