random number gen

Started by Krell, May 04, 2010, 11:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krell

I was looking around all the features for forum posts and I realized that there is no random number generator. It may seem a little pointless to have in some people's opinions, but in fun forums like the random discussion I have used those quite a few times on other sites. If it's not too much trouble to implement could we maybe get one added?

TheBuilder

Use the dice feature of the chat for that.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

SPIFFEN

Krell cant join the chat yet .
So he has to wait until he can ,
but i think the dice thing is annoying if it's use for fun .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Sqaz

That isn't random Kees, you knew which number you where going to say.

And you can always find an online dice on the internet, just type "random dice" or "random number generator" on google and you'll find one.

btw: 238.4

Krell

Yea, I've seriously been considering just spamming posts in the random discussion thread so I can have access to the chat again...

Sqaz

Maybe you should make a topic random numbers in the Random section, where you can post enough random numbers untill you get acces to chat  :P

That also solves the first problem.

But your spam posts will probably be deleted so that won't help you

Krell

Yea, kind of why I avoided it. So I'll have to stay with a real conversation for now.

Sqaz

Well, replying to threads like "Hurt and Heal" or "would you rather..." will boost your posts number without spamming.

SPIFFEN

Maybe if you comment some maps you have played ,
i think comments get counted now when they are in the forum .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Krell

lol, sad thing is I've been too engrossed in making maps and playing my own repeatedly to get the bugs out of them to have tried any others recently. Though once I finished my obstacle course map I felt rather proud.   ;D

kwinse

Quote from: Sqaz on May 04, 2010, 12:06:34 PM
And you can always find an online dice on the internet, just type "random dice" or "random number generator" on google and you'll find one.
Or you could just go to http://random.org, the best source for true random numbers (as opposed to the pseudorandom you get from computers).

Karsten75

I do not understand why a forum should provide you with a random number generator. can you give me one example of how you would use this?

Sqaz

Maybe we could play Yahtzee on the forum with that  ;D

Krell

Like I said for forums like the random discussion section where people are just enjoying themselves with thread games and such. Like throwing together a story where you post a bunch of possible plot twists then roll to decide what happens and then next person does the same based on the results. The possibilities are endless, and that's probably not the best example, but it would just be a fun thing.

and yes Yahtzee would be fun =P