J's maps (Tinyland)

Started by J, November 04, 2013, 09:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost in Nowhere

If I remember correctly, it is impossible to get any AC except from the already-exposed emitter without using a terp. My strategy was to just get the key before anything bad could happen using a sprayer and a mortar.
Don't die! :)

J

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on November 13, 2013, 05:25:42 PM
If I remember correctly, it is impossible to get any AC except from the already-exposed emitter without using a terp. My strategy was to just get the key before anything bad could happen using a sprayer and a mortar.
You can put a sprayer next to an AC emitter and enable the collection field, that should pull the AC over the terrain.

Ninja

Quote from: J on November 14, 2013, 02:29:39 AM
Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on November 13, 2013, 05:25:42 PM
You can put a sprayer next to an AC emitter and enable the collection field, that should pull the AC over the terrain.
Spoiler
It does.
[close]

J

Added a new, fairly easy experimental map: Progressor. Map and screenshot in top post, Good luck!
EDIT: the map in the top post got updated, the map now actually challenges you by increasing emitter strenght every 10 minutes, meaning you have to act fast to prevent the map from getting out of control

J

New map: Miniland! Rather small and 94 creeper/second, good luck! (screenshot in top post)

MadMag

Great little map! I love maps like that.

ThirdParty

Yeah, nice map.  It's interesting to have space as the limiting factor, and be making decisions like "Would I rather have a Forge or a Bertha?  I don't have room for both!"

MadMag

Yeah, same.  Do I have time to build reactor or maybe suffer a little on energy and make that needed Mortar :)

Helper

Quote from: MadMag on November 22, 2013, 11:42:21 AM
Great little map! I love maps like that.

LOL!
You should...I just played the whole thing thinking it was one or yours.

@J - great job and a lot of fun.
H

Ninja

Could someone tell me (in a spoiler) how they completed the collector map without a nullifier?

TLMike

Quote from: Ninjadude501 on November 26, 2013, 10:38:41 PM
Could someone tell me (in a spoiler) how they completed the collector map without a nullifier?

Spoiler
You're meant to do the Relay map, collecting the Relay tech, of course. Then do the Collector map, using the Relay tech to collect the Collector tech. Then return to the map later on and nullify the emitters.
[close]

J

To 'collect' the collector tech you must complete the entire map, that means you need nullifiers before playing the collector map. And as there is no ore on the collector map, you'll also need a weapon that works with energy (cannon, strafer...)

TLMike

I've given away that I haven't beaten them!

J

Yesterday I crafted the terrain for miniland 2 and I thought, why not record it so others can see how I generate terrain? Video (includes creating terrain from scratch, adding enemies ect. and my first two tries to survive):

As you can see balancing isn't done yet but the map should be coming soon.
Note that most other maps were generated the same way.

J

New map: Miniland 2!
Good luck in this small map with 4 emitters!
Click HERE to download