Main Menu

speed limit

Started by wessew, July 19, 2010, 10:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wessew

it seems to me that no matter how many speed packets i have that at a certain point you cant get faster (and its far from being instantly to the destination taking 3-4 secs)
Fish all day sleep all night

Karsten75

There is a small, but constant delay at every node while the next node in the path is calculated. This is not reduced by the speed of paclets between nodes. At some point in time, that delay becomes larger than the actual traversal time.

Blaze

I once built so many speeds that I got hypnotized by watching them blink around everywhere.
Almost fell asleep....
Then I kept building speed, and realized that it won't get any faster then that.
Try it with two paths, One with collectors and the other with relays and see witch is fastest. 

UpperKEES

See here for Virgil's explanation.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

wessew

so the way that he put it is that the speeds are most affective if you have them along the path? ???

Echo51

Nonono, read it again, placement of them doesent matter at all
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

No, their location doesn't matter, as long as they are connected to the network.

wessew

so in order to get faster odin city needs to produce the packets faster? right?
and so once you get to the point where it doesn't seem to help to build packets, the only way to speed up the process is to build more energy? Right? (:-/

UpperKEES

Speed nodes only transport packets faster. The only way to let Odin City disperse them faster is choosing the 'build 20% faster' upgrade. Of course packets are dispersed slower than they are requested when you have a deficit. In that case generating more energy will help.

wessew

ok thanks still a little confused but ill figure it out and deal with it