Reactors do... nothing?

Started by Oaky, April 14, 2010, 06:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oaky

I might be overlooking something blindly obvious, which I seem to be a fan of at times, but my energy additions from reactors seem to do nothing. For example, at this time I have:

Collection: 5.4 + 1.2
Depletion: 5.6

But my starvation is going up? Surely my 6.6 beats the 5.6? I think I'm missing something, maybe the reactor additions don't come into play when the collection is weighing up against the depletion bar? I dunno.

What's going on here?

UpperKEES

First of all, you use a very old version. Update to the latest one (380) to have full functionality.

Secondly, the collection described above is 5.4, not 6.6, as the amount of energy collected by the reactors (1.2) is already included in the total collection (5.4).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Wow, you are really using an old version. Go here (http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/patches.php)to get the latest game patch.

Mare

Here is how i look at it simply, Collectors add about .1 energy every time you build one, assuming you SPACE it out. Each Reactor ALWAYS adds .3 energy. If you took these numbers and apply it to the game, It becomes much simpler to play, assuming you can calculate numbers.
Reactors DO something, however it wont do much unless you build it in groups of like 4 or greater.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

UpperKEES

Depending on the overlap a collector delivers 0.12 to 0.15 energy per second (but not close to edges of elevation levels/walls/map of course). This means they are 1.6 to 2.0 times as effective as reactors, considering their initial costs.

ontheworld

cost : 10-50
production: .1-.3

5 collectors be built, collectors more useful

Echo51

Reactors are for when you dont have alot of space, or want to max out your energy levels...
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Quote from: ontheworld on July 01, 2010, 05:02:21 AM
cost : 10-50
production: .1-.3

5 collectors be built, collectors more useful

This data is wrong. A reactor costs 40 (without upgrades) and the energy collection of a collector depends on the number of (new) green squares; each of them delivers 0.004 energy. The maximum (without overlap) is 45 x 0.004 = 0.18, but the second decimal is not shown on your screen. In some cases you'll see you collection going up by 0.2 after adding 1 collector.

Clippy

and in the old version of the game.. that figure (5.4 + 1.2) is really 4.2 + the 1.2 energy collected from reactors... it still is effective its just that its the total amount of energy produced then the amount reactors are adding

F0R

Check your game version on the bottom left of creeper world