Custom Map: mthw1vc: Evacuation

Started by AutoPost, May 08, 2010, 07:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctuna

Ok, I admit to being a dummy. I have tried the "easy" one several times and haven't found the secret. I've acivated the blaster, the relay tech, and the mortar (and disconnected it until needed), but still can't figure out how to fly OC close enough to the second totem while connecting it with the blaster or anything else. I don't want a walkthrough (too easy), but how about a hint?

mthw2vc

Quote from: ctuna on June 29, 2010, 08:29:29 PM
Ok, I admit to being a dummy. I have tried the "easy" one several times and haven't found the secret. I've acivated the blaster, the relay tech, and the mortar (and disconnected it until needed), but still can't figure out how to fly OC close enough to the second totem while connecting it with the blaster or anything else. I don't want a walkthrough (too easy), but how about a hint?
You can change the direction the city is flying while it is flying. If you're having issues due to there being nothing close enough to the totem to bridge, you need to ask yourself how you can change that.

ctuna

I've tried going North-South (as viewed from a standard globe), but I can't get another connector (blaster?) close enough? What am I missing?

mthw2vc

If there's creeper in your way, how do you get rid of it? If there isn't, why aren't you building there?

ctuna

Ok, here's how I've tried it: I activate the blaster (move it near where OC started out so I can use it later), move OC to activate the relay tech, andd again to activate the mortar and manipulate its rounds to manage the southeast emitter without using too much energy, connect the southern totem with connecters, then connect the combinations of collectors and relays to get back through the islands back through the SW reactors and the western side of the map to the second totem. That's where I run out of connections, even while trying to fly both OC and the blaster.

mthw2vc

Could you PM me a picture of what's going on? I'm not really sure what could be causing your problem.

ctuna

l would if I knew how. I've seen some discussions about it and just searched for strings regarding the process, but had no luck. If you could help me, I'd appreciate it. Real newbie, huh?

mthw2vc

Press backspace while playing the game, then it will save the image at [Your Documents Folder]\creeperworld_screens
Then upload the image. It should be the one with the highest number.
Alternatively, if you can't find your documents folder, press Print Screen and paste into an image editing program, crop it down to the CW screen, save it, and upload that.

ctuna

Thanks, now I don't seem to be able to upload them.

mthw2vc

You can upload it at a file-hosting site. I recommend http://www.imagehost.org/
Just be sure to PM it to me so other people aren't given the solution.

ctuna

Ok mth2vc, went there, uploaded, then what? Don't see any way to get it to you from there.

Sorry, but color me stupid. If you're tired of the tutorial, I'm CGWJR@ charter.net, if you want to talk directly. If not, I understand, and I'll keep trying on my own.

mthw2vc

Once you upload the image, you should see a screen that looks like this one. Copy the text next to hotlink (Circled in this picture) on the page you get once you upload the picture and include it in your PM. If you get a different screen, you must've uploaded the wrong file.

ctuna

I either have some software problems or brain ones, but I'm not having much luck with the imagehost upload. It worked once, but got dropped somewhere. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by PM'ing to you. Will not simply "reply" to the post work, and paste the image via hotlink ?

mthw2vc

If you've already uploaded it once, you should be able to find it in your imagehost gallery. Find it there, click on it, and copy the URL. You can paste this into the pm. You can PM me by clicking on this link: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=492

Toaster

I have tried playing your maps, Your "style" is not for me. It is not a matter of hardness, your maps are just not fun for me. I am sure you put a lot of time and effort into your maps, and that they can be won. I just don't play your maps. Don't feel bad, there a couple of other map makers out there whose maps I don't play either.
In the overall scheme of life and everything else, this means absolutely nothing.