Is it possible...

Started by mouser, June 11, 2011, 05:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouser

Is it possible to restart the game and let the story mode evolve all over again?

I have tried deleting all of the game files, using add/remove programs and getting the extras deleted.
I just want to go through the game again as if it were the first time.

mthw2vc

It always has been. Simply delete your GameData.dat to achieve that effect. This goes for both games since you didn't specify. They are each in a folder with the same name as the game in the following location, by OS:
Windows XP: %appdata%
Windows Vista: %appdata%
Windows 7: %appdata%\Roaming
Mac: [Your username for the computer]\Library\Preferences

Grauniad

Open your Windows Explorer (Not Internet Exporer)

In the address bar type

%appdata%\creeperworld2\

Press enter.

In the list of files that appear, delete  gameData.dat file
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ranakastrasz

Is there any way to delete your memory of the game then, so you can play it again for the first time?

UpperKEES

That's what deleting the gamedata.dat file does; you'll start from scratch and have to unlock all maps/missions again.

Unless you refer to your own memory; in that case you'll just have to drink a lot (not recommended). ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

I should also point out that it is possible,  from the home page of the Story and the Bonus missions,  to delete the individual scores for each day. There is a little delete button in the icon for each mission. That way you don't have to unlock the missions again, but you will have no scores.

Neither way, unfortunately, will allow you to resubmit your high score back to the website, unless you submit the scores under a new, different name.

thepenguin

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 12, 2011, 08:11:21 AM
Unless you refer to your own memory; in that case you'll just have to drink a lot (not recommended). ;)

developing science indicates that a zeta-B blocker in the brain would also do the trick
We have become the creeper...

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: thepenguin on June 12, 2011, 12:31:35 PM
Quote from: UpperKEES on June 12, 2011, 08:11:21 AM

developing science indicates that a zeta-B blocker in the brain would also do the trick

Assuming they can at some point be able to have it effect selected memories, then I can imagine a market for the ability to remove memories of certain things so you could experience them again for the first time :p

Hunter22222

Maybe download your brain into a computer!

ontheworld

Quote from: Hunter22222 on June 23, 2011, 12:17:52 PM
Maybe download your brain into a computer!

That would be amazing. If you could build it =). There's a million times too much in your brainfor a computer to handle (starting with emotions)

Hunter22222

Hey but computers double in processing power or halve the size each year so it is coming along wth AI's. Virtial reality creeper now that would be fun!

Grauniad

This is the Support forum. Off topic here is not welcome.