Questions before buying

Started by greatvis, April 13, 2010, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatvis

Almost ready to buy the game... but wanted to be sure of a few things.

1) I did not see it anywhere, so I am assuming that once I have the full version, I can continue to play new uploaded custom maps. And there is no monthly/ annual subscription that will be charged ever?

2) As you fix the bugs, it is understood that I can update the software for free to the latest version. Correct?

3) I read Virgil that you are working on the expansion pack. Can you give some timeline on when will that be ready? I am not assuming it to be free - but will it be discounted for the people who already have the full version of the original now?

4) Is there a way to play this on the blackberry or one of the smartphones? If not at present, are  you planning to release one in near future?

Thanks
greatvis

UpperKEES

1) Yes, you can play all custom maps without any charge or subscription.

2) Yes, updates are for free (and can be downloaded from this site).

I'll leave 3 & 4 to Virgil....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

3. Expansion pack, by definition is an add-on to a game. So it will be at the same price to all who have the game and the game will be a pre-req for the expansion pack.  CreeperWorld 2 is another matter and since it will be different, I guess there will be no waiver of cost for exsting CW owners.

4. No.

greatvis

Thanks... Any clues on when if the expansion pack expected?

Karsten75

knucracker

I can't say about the timing of a follow-up game other than I am hard at work on it and I really, really want it to be ready later this year.  That sounds like a long time, but in game development time it is the equivalent of "overnight".

The next game will likely be a separate title, but still feature creeper world mythology and creeper mechanics.  So it will definitely fit in the CW universe and appeal to anyone who likes CW.  I want to bring more innovation to the scene, though, so it will not just be "20 more missions" or something simple like that.

As for CW maps and updates.  Once you buy the game any future patches are free.  Custom maps are free as well.  No subscription or anything like that.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on April 13, 2010, 03:34:26 PM
I can't say about the timing of a follow-up game other than I am hard at work on it and I really, really want it to be ready later this year.  That sounds like a long time, but in game development time it is the equivalent of "overnight".

The next game will likely be a separate title, but still feature creeper world mythology and creeper mechanics.  So it will definitely fit in the CW universe and appeal to anyone who likes CW.  I want to bring more innovation to the scene, though, so it will not just be "20 more missions" or something simple like that.

As for CW maps and updates.  Once you buy the game any future patches are free.  Custom maps are free as well.  No subscription or anything like that.

It was always (up to now) my understanding that there were two things in the works. An expansion pack for CW and a CW2 (for want of a better term). Has this changed and you are now focusing all your energy on CW2 development?