Mapmakers - submit a score for map approval

Started by Karsten75, April 02, 2010, 11:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: F0R on May 15, 2010, 06:32:38 AM
So what do we do if we want to edit the map?

You cannot edit a map after you have submitted it. At best you can post a message asking that the map not be approved, pending you submitting a new map. Virgil (and only Virgil can do this) rarely, if ever, delete or remove a map after it has been approved.

Before you submit it, you can edit it as many times as you wish to get it "just right."

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

F0R

sorry for late response the text i would like to change and the title it would be a massive help to my fleet series and changeing the text to some of my earlier maps

mthw2vc

Well, unfortunately, you can't do that. Instead you can post what it should be in the comments.

UpperKEES

Correct. Better post textual corrections/additions in the comments for that map.

Fisherck

I am having a problem with my submitted scores when I upload a map. It does not always seem to go through. The latest one this has happened to is still in the review line. I was just notified this map does not have a score submitted with it and I just beat it again to see if it will go through. When I first found this problem I came here to see if anything could be causing this. I found that saving the map in map editor could cause this and thought this was it. But I know I did not save this map after submitting the score, so that can not be it. ??? I have also found that not all maps I beat then submit the score to show up on the score board. UpperKEES Nice Job 14: The squad Leader I have beaten twice now, but niether scores have shown up on the score board after submitting it.

Does anyone know why this might be happenning?

EDIT:
The second score I submitted did go through (wich is okay with me, because the second score was better), and my map was accepted but I am am still wondering why this is happening.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

The only 2 reasons I know are:

- You temporarily lost connection to the internet. There's no way of resending a score when the first attempt didn't succeed.
- You made a last minute correction to the map and saved it again after uploading the map. This changes the unique ID of the map.

Both have happened to myself once.

Regarding the Squad Leader: is it possible that you studied the map in the map editor and saved it by accident? In that case I would try downloading it again.

Fisherck

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 21, 2010, 03:38:47 PM
The only 2 reasons I know are:

- You temporarily lost connection to the internet. There's no way of resending a score when the first attempt didn't succeed.
- You made a last minute correction to the map and saved it again after uploading the map. This changes the unique ID of the map.

I do not know. I will make sure the internet is working the next time I submit a map and see if it works.

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 21, 2010, 03:38:47 PM
Regarding the Squad Leader: is it possible that you studied the map in the map editor and saved it by accident? In that case I would try downloading it again.

That would be the only other thing I could think of doing that would work. I will try that.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Please see here for Virgil's opinion about score submittal.

SPIFFEN

Whit the new rule : you have to make an score to the map before it can be submitted .
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=3914.0

Will the map be auto accepted , or do the map still need to be accepted as before ?
( By the map acceptors )
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

It will still be reviewed for appropriate content (text & images).

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 14, 2010, 09:42:16 AM
Whit the new rule : you have to make an score to the map before it can be submitted .
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=3914.0

Will the map be auto accepted , or do the map still need to be accepted as before ?
( By the map acceptors )

Still not going to approve more than 2 of your maps at a time... :P

SPIFFEN

@UK OK =)

@K75 He he =D
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Karsten, you may want to update the version number in the first post to 0572.

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 16, 2010, 01:25:01 PM
Karsten, you may want to update the version number in the first post to 0572.

Done.