Mapmakers - submit a score for map approval

Started by Karsten75, April 02, 2010, 11:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Note that the new map approval system is active. All maps with a score WILL now be released before maps without a score.

Jordz

This is for my prime submission, Inevitability.  The dialog box after the graph did not appear for me, so I was unable to simplify things by just submitting a score.  Then again, it is 4:20 am on 4/20.  Perhaps my tired mind just missed it.  Perhaps it is because I have a Mac or need to update.

SPIFFEN

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 19, 2010, 05:12:21 PM
Note that the new map approval system is active. All maps with a score WILL now be released before maps without a score.

Nice , so my idea was good =)

But will the limit of maps change ,
or will it stay at 2 pr day ?
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

Quote from: Jordz on April 20, 2010, 05:18:27 AM

This is for my prime submission, Inevitability.  The dialog box after the graph did not appear for me, so I was unable to simplify things by just submitting a score.  Then again, it is 4:20 am on 4/20.  Perhaps my tired mind just missed it.  Perhaps it is because I have a Mac or need to update.

Submitting a score on this thread does *not* put your score in the database where the map approver can see it.  If the submission  box does not appear, you played the game from the wrong button. You used the "Launch your Custom Game" button iso the "Custom Maps" button.  Read the instructions in the original post.

Jordz

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 20, 2010, 08:18:48 AM

Submitting a score on this thread does *not* put your score in the database where the map approver can see it.  If the submission  box does not appear, you played the game from the wrong button. You used the "Launch your Custom Game" button iso the "Custom Maps" button.  Read the instructions in the original post.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I followed the instructions exactly, hit the correct button to begin the game, and still did not get the option.  Thus, I thought I'd post it here in case there was any question later - just in case.  But like I said, I could be wrong. 

Karsten75

Quote from: Jordz on April 20, 2010, 02:25:55 PM

This is for my prime submission, Inevitability.  The dialog box after the graph did not appear for me, so I was unable to simplify things by just submitting a score.  Then again, it is 4:20 am on 4/20.  Perhaps my tired mind just missed it.  Perhaps it is because I have a Mac or need to update.

Submitting a score on this thread does *not* put your score in the database where the map approver can see it.  If the submission  box does not appear, you played the game from the wrong button. You used the "Launch your Custom Game" button iso the "Custom Maps" button.  Read the instructions in the original post.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I followed the instructions exactly, hit the correct button to begin the game, and still did not get the option.  Thus, I thought I'd post it here in case there was any question later - just in case.  But like I said, I could be wrong.  

Do you have the latest update? Score submission for custom maps was a feature in a recent upgrade.

Jordz

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 20, 2010, 02:34:07 PM

This is for my prime submission, Inevitability.  The dialog box after the graph did not appear for me, so I was unable to simplify things by just submitting a score.  Then again, it is 4:20 am on 4/20.  Perhaps my tired mind just missed it.  Perhaps it is because I have a Mac or need to update.

Submitting a score on this thread does *not* put your score in the database where the map approver can see it.  If the submission  box does not appear, you played the game from the wrong button. You used the "Launch your Custom Game" button iso the "Custom Maps" button.  Read the instructions in the original post.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I followed the instructions exactly, hit the correct button to begin the game, and still did not get the option.  Thus, I thought I'd post it here in case there was any question later - just in case.  But like I said, I could be wrong.  

Do you have the latest update? Score submission for custom maps was a feature in a recent upgrade.

I downloaded the game a few days ago, so I didn't expect that to be it.  Good call.  I appear to be on 346.  Thanks, I'll get that changed.

Karsten75

Quote from: Jordz on April 20, 2010, 02:47:44 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on April 20, 2010, 02:34:07 PM

I downloaded the game a few days ago, so I didn't expect that to be it.  Good call.  I appear to be on 346.  Thanks, I'll get that changed.

I suspect Virgil never updated the base game.   That probably will mean a lot of people may assume that if they download a new version of the full program they don't need the upgrade.  Maybe Virgil needs to think about that.

SPIFFEN

Hmm i've uploaded an map with score ,
but it isnt in the : Maps Currently Awaiting Review....
or on the custom map page .

Have it been deleted or is it temp away from the list for testing ?

Do i need to uploade it again ?

Edit :
Oh now its there , guess it was accepted at the same time i checked it ,
so it was away for an 1/2 sec =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

UpperKEES

I already approved it, so you can find it on the custom map page. The comments topic has also been generated.

That's fast, huh? ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 21, 2010, 08:29:57 AM
I already approved it, so you can find it on the custom map page. The comments topic has also been generated.

That's fast, huh? ;)

He he yes that was fast , nice =)
I'm not used to that , so i started woundering what happend =P
How to make links

UpperKEES

Well, you pre-submitted a score; more people should do that....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Neilos

Only just joined the map-making and playing community, but I'd never submit a map I hadn't fully tested and scored on... and it's nice to get a little sighter on a 'decent' time before playing a downloaded map.

So I'm very much liking this policy.

F0R