CW:US The Final Battle

Started by knucracker, September 30, 2011, 10:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Yeah, there are big differences between each finishing place.... So I'd definitely rather finish higher, even if 1st place is statistically unlikely.  This was a really crazy and competitive month for games as well.  The whole list of top games are all really good and top notch.

AlexisNery

Quote from: virgilw on October 02, 2011, 06:51:44 PM
Yeah, there are big differences between each finishing place.... So I'd definitely rather finish higher, even if 1st place is statistically unlikely.  This was a really crazy and competitive month for games as well.  The whole list of top games are all really good and top notch.

If it was any other month but September...there have been many months with some pretty weak games contending. But, yes...there were a number of good games. It's too bad there was no way to know what other games would have been submitted for September beforehand. -sigh- I really want this game to win.

UpperKEES

CW:US back at the 2nd spot!  8)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

Yep.... I hope she holds on for another 12 hours... the end is in sight!

CobraKill

Any one know what spot we won. I can't seem to fin the September results.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

knucracker

I'm hoping it was at least 2nd... that's where it was with about 5 hours to go.  I can't find last month's results anywhere either.  Hopefully they will post a news item later today (they are pacific time so it's a bit early for them yet).

UpperKEES

So, did you hear anything from Kong? I'd expect them to have contacted you by now....

Lord_Farin

Anyone bothering (Virgil?), check out http://www.kongregate.com/contests/303/rules
If I saw correctly, CW:US ended up second. Haven't found that back yet, though.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

UpperKEES

Just above the prize money it says:

QuoteThe potential prize winners will be chosen and will be notified on or about October 5, 2011. The potential prize winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and an affidavit that their entry is unique within 7 days of attempted notice or forfeit prize.

And at the bottom:

QuoteWinners List: For a copy of the winners list, available after October 6, 2011, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Contest Winners' List, c/o Kongregate, Inc. 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 by December 31, 2011.

Hurray for the internet! :-\

UpperKEES

knucracker

Well, I started wondering what the outcome was so I sent them a support message.  I never heard anything back (no email, no response at all)... but about 10 minutes after I sent the support message I got a paypal money transfer.  What an amazing coincidence :)

From that I can deduce a second place finish!  I really couldn't be happier with this as at some points it was in 4th place.  It climbed up in the last few days and made it to second place which was just awesome and an amazing outcome given the other games that were maneuvering.

MadMag

Grauniad

Quote from: virgilw on October 13, 2011, 02:23:39 PM
Well, I started wondering what the outcome was so I sent them a support message.  I never heard anything back (no email, no response at all)... but about 10 minutes after I sent the support message I got a paypal money transfer.  What an amazing coincidence :)

From that I can deduce a second place finish!  I really couldn't be happier with this as at some points it was in 4th place.  It climbed up in the last few days and made it to second place which was just awesome and an amazing outcome given the other games that were maneuvering.

They seem to promote the contest heavily, but play their cards close to their chest when it comes to announcing the winners... I'm sure that is just a perspective and not a deliberate way for them to operate.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Congratulations!  8)

Second place indeed isn't bad at all, although I'm sure CW:T will pick up the gold medal a few months from now.

Too bad you have to deduce your rank from the prize money, but at least you have another 'title' now to advertise with. :)

Colin

Hurrah! Congratulations Virgil! You deserve it!  ;)

*throws confetti*
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.