Creeper World User Space

Started by knucracker, September 19, 2011, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 21, 2011, 01:04:21 PM
Quote from: allu on September 21, 2011, 09:37:55 AM
Btw if you disable building packets when building collector and then reactive them. OC send about 2-7 (depends) extra building packets to it :)

Quote from: Michionlion on September 21, 2011, 10:11:09 AM
that is intentional and in cw1

It's not, it's a bug that was fixed in the last CW1 patch. I'm surprised it re-appears in CW:US now....

hmm... from what i gathered it was intentional.  oops...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

Is this reproducible on CW:US?  If I just start building a collector, let a packet or two go, turn off build packets, wait, turn on build packets...  I don't see any extra packets get dispatched.

CW:US was branched off of the absolute latest CW code, so it should have all bugs fixes (that's the theory).  Was this bug report actually made against an older version of CW rather than CW:US maybe?

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

I see you've now made the front page, not just the top list....
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Fisherck

Quote from: Grauniad on September 21, 2011, 04:50:55 PM
I see you've now made the front page, not just the top list....

I know my map when I see it! On the cover... 8)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

knucracker

I accidentally stumbled into a pretty rough fight this month.  August and September are usually "slow" months, but Kong is running a prize incentive this month for the top N places.  This has some games showing up that are really competitive.  A new RPG just showed up that could make a serious run.  It's a RPG that isn't really my personal cup of tea, but is has Newgrounds on the splash.  This means it will have that audience feeding into it.

Most of the super high ranked games usually have some sponsor.  I'm my own sponsor, which is a little strange.  But then that sort of makes sense :)  Anyway, the sponsored games usually have a large portal that can drive traffic and run up the score.

We'll have to see how it plays out over the coming days.  So your continued support and efforts in helping spread the word is appreciated.

lich98

i've gone and rated 5 stars it looked great. cam eback to play these games though.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

allu

I tried to reproduct bug. It didnt send any extra to sam i had but sended 9 extra packets to relay that was allready half done.

Grauniad

Well, I don't think you could have hoped for better. :)

The rating is *still* climbing after >70K plays, you have two top spots on the Home page - all you need is badges and that will come in due time...

With 8 days till the end of the month - let's hope.  
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

allu

Indeed doing great. And 3k cash is always handy. (lets hope is speeds up virigils coding and motivates him to continue)

knucracker

Motivation is always a good thing.  You'd be surprised how much of a difference it can make to ones efforts.

I have a lot of things cooking right now, and you will definitely see some wild things soon.  Everything from Chopraider with some extra goodies, to some new toys for 'playing' with the Creeper.  Who knows, I might even experiment with some altered Creeper physics.... :)

F0R

Rated 5 stars, Virgil you should consider adding another bonus map that you can get after all the others.

crazyone76

cookies = perfect motivation
once I was like I cant beat this boss
someone else said if you beat him I give you a cookie
me: where is that boss?!!?!?!? ima kill him right now
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michionlion

guys, diamond hollow II is beating CW:US!  somebody rally the troops...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

allu

I saw it too...AFFUL go spam in all community sides you can find to get EVERYONE on internet to rate it whit 5 stars:)