Wont download?

Started by Jrook, November 16, 2010, 02:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrook

So I have adobe air, I try to install it and it says that the AIR file from the program is dammaged and cant be used..... It wont install at all. Also I noticed in another thread that someone gave the amount of bytes it should contain, and it didnt match up with what mine showed...

I really like this game, I had no idea it was so vast. I would like to buy it but I dont want to buy it if I cant download the demo.

Thanks!

Grauniad

First check that your download was successful. If not, try downloading it again. On my Windows 7 machine, the download for the demo shows as 23,277KB in size.

Failing that, you can do the following:

1. Download the AIR application from Adobe's site: http://get.adobe.com/air/ and install it.

2. Then using a file extractor, such as WinZip or any similar utility, open the CreeperWorldDemo.exe file and extract the .AIR file in there. Put it somewhere you can find and then double-click on it to have AIR install it.

see if that works.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Echo51

Make sure you select save instead of run when the download prompt comes up. that's been picking my brain once
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Jrook

Quote from: Grauniad on November 16, 2010, 03:32:14 AM
First check that your download was successful. If not, try downloading it again. On my Windows 7 machine, the download for the demo shows as 23,277KB in size.

Failing that, you can do the following:

1. Download the AIR application from Adobe's site: http://get.adobe.com/air/ and install it.

2. Then using a file extractor, such as WinZip or any similar utility, open the CreeperWorldDemo.exe file and extract the .AIR file in there. Put it somewhere you can find and then double-click on it to have AIR install it.

see if that works.

I think I did all that but it still says the same thing, AIR comes up, when I press install it gets as far as actually installing. However it never starts to install because the AIR file is dammaged or missing or something, then it forces me to cancel the installation

Michionlion

something wrong with the AIR file with cw? or with the actual app
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Michionlion on November 25, 2010, 02:08:05 PM
something wrong with the AIR file with cw? or with the actual app

Impossible if you download the original.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

I don't think you followed the previous help for an alternate install properly. failure to follow instructions precisely often leads to failure. You can't skip steps.

1. Download the file again. Don't choose "Run,", choose "Save" and save it to a specific location where you can find it again.

2. Post here in the forum the size  and the name of the downloaded file.

3. Do the same for Adobe AIR. Download it from here: http://get.adobe.com/air/  (Save it).

4. Post here in the forum the size of the Downloaded AIR installer file.

5. Use Programs from the Control Panel and uninstall (if you have it installed) both the Creeper World Demo  and Adobe AIR.

6. Make sure you don't  have any other Flash apps running (Browsers may have Flash in them).

7. Reboot your computer.

8. Use the downloaded Adobe AIR to install Adobe AIR.

9. Go to where you saved the Creeper World installer file (it will have an .exe extension). Rename it to have a .zip extension.

10. Right-click on the .zip file and choose  "Extract all..." from the options menu.

11. Windows will extract all the files to a new sub-folder. Inside this folder will be a Creeper World file with a .AIR extension. Double-click on that to have Adobe AIR install it.

12. Run your installed game once and provide the key code for the game.

13. Now download the latest Creeper World Game patch from here: http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/patches.php and install it also.

You should be good to go.