[spoilers] what will you do in the editor

Started by superzip, May 24, 2011, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemoricus

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 25, 2011, 08:53:16 PM
EDIT: btw, whatever happened to those drip fields??? I didn't see them in any of the maps. I have an idea with that... "The rain brings pain" I'm sure the map concept is easy enough to guess.

That field type actually shows up in quite a few levels, I believe. It's a special grab and drag field, and you'll see it on Trickery and The Tide, for the hyperdots and space invaders.

However, I don't think it's actually used in the Credits.

Ebon Heart

I see what you mean now.... and that means you can do a whole lot more with that than I thought! Now if only you could make fields cause creeper to rotate... I'm dreaming, but..... ehh. God knows how difficult that would be to put in. And I know it'd be buggy.... The creeper would probably end up losing or gaining mass because it rotated 45 degrees.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

J

I was also thinking about that 'rain' idea.

Ebon Heart

big creeper clouds you have to nullify, with low density raindrops falling on your head the whole level... you'll start in a little crevice or something.

ontheworld

I have an idea to celebrate the editor coming out, but I'm not going to spoil it. (No, me saying this does not mean it'll be out in a few days)

Krell

I will celebrate the editor by making a new obstacle course! =P

Ranakastrasz

I'm planning to make an Up-fighting level, based off of the one featured in the blog, that I wished had been in the finished game, even at a challenge level.

Emmote

I may well end up making a TD type map with hyperdots.
Make a maze with invulnerable rocks with a hyperdot emitter on one end, and the LS on the other.
Last as long as you can kind of game.

Only problem I can forsee is, without being able to destroy the emitter (because I'd have to disable Nullifiers if possible), nobody would ever be able to submit a score.
That and eventually you'd run out of space to build Launchers or Blasters so you'd always reach a point where you'd fail.

Hmm, guess it's not a good idea afterall. I'll still give it a go though.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Ebon Heart

ontheworld

Quote from: Emmote on May 27, 2011, 08:20:40 PM
I may well end up making a TD type map with hyperdots.
Make a maze with invulnerable rocks with a hyperdot emitter on one end, and the LS on the other.
Last as long as you can kind of game.

Only problem I can forsee is, without being able to destroy the emitter (because I'd have to disable Nullifiers if possible), nobody would ever be able to submit a score.
That and eventually you'd run out of space to build Launchers or Blasters so you'd always reach a point where you'd fail.

Hmm, guess it's not a good idea afterall. I'll still give it a go though.

Just give them a capsule next to the LS and let them save it at any time they lose.

Emmote

Quote from: ontheworld on May 28, 2011, 04:40:25 AMJust give them a capsule next to the LS and let them save it at any time they lose.

Ooh, never thought of that. Nice idea. :)

TonyP2000

Much as their was a game mode for obliteration and acquisition, maybe there is a game mode built into the editor for survival itself?  :-\
Vote Tony!

UpperKEES

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 28, 2011, 10:24:05 AM
maybe there is a game mode built into the editor for survival itself?  :-\

You mean: the longer you stay alive, the more points you get? We've suggested a mode for that, see here.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Emmote

That mode would be amazing. My TD idea isn't looking so bad afterall.  ^^,

UpperKEES

Yeah, it's my own favourite too (I love long fights that get harder and harder), but it's up to Virgil if it gets implemented.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview