[spoilers] what will you do in the editor

Started by superzip, May 24, 2011, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

Quote from: virgilw on May 24, 2011, 10:45:46 PM
I should be able to make everyone happy here...
I won't release the editor until it is relatively solid and I also will _not_ take my time :)

Trust me, I want code maps and the editor to be released ASAP so I can get on to the flash game releases.  Not because I love the flash games, but because I want the game to get as much exposure as possible.  More exposurep means a bigger community and more custom maps and excitement for all.
I'm not really in much of a hurry, like KEES said, take your time. It's a prett good rule, "don't criticize about something you know you can't do any better" The best game I could make would resemble pong. Lol
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ebon Heart

I had an idea today... a creeper super collider, creeper in one end, greeper in another, what would happen if highly packed cubes of the two flew at each other at high speeds, then dispanded at the exact same point at the exact same time???

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 25, 2011, 03:57:25 PM
I had an idea today... a creeper super collider, creeper in one end, greeper in another, what would happen if highly packed cubes of the two flew at each other at high speeds, then dispanded at the exact same point at the exact same time???

Technically, That would have no effect at all, as assuming they had the same density, they would cancel each other out, though if they canceled slightly before, you would get something more interesting.. However, if virgilw lets you make a negative value for emitters (which I hope he would, and the possibility of making it emit only if the density was lower than say, -10000) I could see a setup where it generates creeper and anti creeper at opposite sides, which shoot at each other like that, and cancel each other out, and limit you to say 3 blasters total, no other weapons, you could have a setup where you have to get the good creeper to push the bad creeper back, and cap the emitters, though it would require your help.

Ebon Heart

are you sure they'd cancel each other out? I thought they'd pool out, and then destroy each other.. and I was thinking the point of the mission would be to get ore and keep the greeper maker working until you can get a survival pod.

CobraKill

Finish My Operation ESCAPE Series I hardley started but didn't finish  :P
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Ebon Heart

whoo! and what if... you had the sort of creeper guns, with a maker in one hole, an emitter in another, and they're in small pits, one across, 2 up, with the emitter/maker in the top. And fields will teleport creeper to little launching ports and fire the pellets every few seconds. If you run out of friendly creeper, the scientists will get destroyed, so you'll have to get more ore before that happens.

Krell

I'm more interested in making neat little things with fields and editor options than I am about making maps. Kinda like my invisible creeper map, and my obstacle course. I enjoy making novelty tricks rather than skillful maps. Such as a creeper force field than will be more or less indestructible until you takeout the emitter that is elsewhere meaning you'll have no packets past that point. A boss attack that destroys all your reactors. Creeper spores from above. So many ideas!

Ebon Heart

I know! And you should try to make another awesome map like your obstacle course... I never did figure that out. Lol

TonyP2000

Creeper rain? How bout a spore airstrike? A creeper monster with tentacles that move with fields?  ???
I am really looking forward to this map editor!   8)
Vote Tony!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 25, 2011, 08:51:16 PM
A creeper monster with tentacles that move with fields?  ???
I have an idea for something sort of like that... but about 3 levels up. My current best idea, I have rough sketches for it, but I'm not saying anything more about it on the forums atm.
EDIT: btw, whatever happened to those drip fields??? I didn't see them in any of the maps. I have an idea with that... "The rain brings pain" I'm sure the map concept is easy enough to guess.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 25, 2011, 08:53:16 PM
btw, whatever happened to those drip fields??? I didn't see them in any of the maps.

Haven't played the Credits mission?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

thepenguin

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 26, 2011, 03:58:16 AM
btw, whatever happened to those drip fields??? I didn't see them in any of the maps.

care to explain? where are they?
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

Quote from: thepenguin on May 26, 2011, 06:25:23 AM
Quote from: UpperKEES on May 26, 2011, 03:58:16 AM

care to explain? where are they?
ya, I didn't see them in the credits mission either.

UpperKEES

Around the box displaying the names.... It finally drips in a blob though, as individual drops will never pose a real threat.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

They are very big drips... :D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.