superzip

yesterday i have beat all the levels in cw2, including the bonus levels
and after i have beat the game i have only 2 things to say
1) virgilw is very very evil in some of the levels
2) when are the editor out
and please don't post "the editor is out when it is out"

i already have some ideas for a lot of levels i want to try out

here is some of my ideas:
1) you start in a small hole and have to dig you self out, but on the surface is there a lot creeper there is digging down to you.
2) a level were you only have CBombs and reactors, and a fixed amount of creeper
3)
Spoiler
a level there is inspired by the assault bonus level were the creeper form a big monster there shoot at you
[close]

just some of my ideas what is your

Echo51

There is not much more to say then it's coming out sometime soon. Virgil as far as i know is working on code maps along with the 2 flash portal releases.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Ebon Heart

I heard the betas are thinking July, Kam said september. :( And I'm going to make a level with a big styglek like boss formed from creeper, it'll fly around, shoot dense creeper balls, form walls, tentacles, all sorts of cool stuff. And of course, instantly spawning creeper lasers.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Sqaz

The first map I'll make will be a space invader one. Just like the arcade game but then exactly the same.
I already got it all sorted out.

knucracker

I've not given out dates for any release... this isn't because I am being coy, it is because I don't know.  I can give general and crude estimates to set expectations, but exact dates aren't something I can do.  This is all because I only release something once it had the 'feeling' of completeness and quality that I want to achieve. 

This doesn't mean I wait for something to be perfect... that would take forever.  I just like to work till something is really very solid and stable.

So, code maps are days/weeks away.  Custom maps are weeks/months away.  I do not anticipate custom maps being as far out as september, though.  I have a really strong incentive to get finished... Namely, I need to finish things so I can do flash game releases... and I need to do those so I can ramp up exposure/sales to the next level.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: virgilw on May 24, 2011, 12:52:40 PM
I've not given out dates for any release... this isn't because I am being coy, it is because I don't know.  I can give general and crude estimates to set expectations, but exact dates aren't something I can do.  This is all because I only release something once it had the 'feeling' of completeness and quality that I want to achieve. 

This doesn't mean I wait for something to be perfect... that would take forever.  I just like to work till something is really very solid and stable.

So, code maps are days/weeks away.  Custom maps are weeks/months away.  I do not anticipate custom maps being as far out as september, though.  I have a really strong incentive to get finished... Namely, I need to finish things so I can do flash game releases... and I need to do those so I can ramp up exposure/sales to the next level.
Well then hurry up, we're all very excited for the map editor, you've made such great levels on this game, we want a crack at it! I've been doing rough sketches to get ideas down during school, based on what I've seen from videos and stuff. And of course, my knowledge of the game... I have several ideas, not all I want to post on the forums just yet. I'd be so mad if they got stolen, yes I know, paranoid me...

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 24, 2011, 03:29:33 PM
Well then hurry up, we're all very excited for the map editor, you've made such great levels on this game, we want a crack at it! I've been doing rough sketches to get ideas down during school, based on what I've seen from videos and stuff. And of course, my knowledge of the game... I have several ideas, not all I want to post on the forums just yet. I'd be so mad if they got stolen, yes I know, paranoid me...

No, I'd much rather have Virgil taking his time for it and make it release-worthy. I also like him to have a normal life and being able to spend some time with his family.

You just keep your idea's in your head or write them down, like all of us do. It would be much worse when your idea's don't work out as expected because the editor contains some flaws. Virgil's good reputation is also at stake here.

Be patient and you'll enjoy it much more later on.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

I know.... and how is his reputation at stake? His reputation went so high up with cw2, I doubt any lousy editor could damage it. And from what was shown in dev video #1, it already looks pretty cool. I just can't wait to try my hand at it.
EDIT: and you can't blame me for being excited for the editor, KEES. I'm sure just about everyone is.

TonyP2000

I just want to editor to come out soon only because I am going to university soon.  :(   But I will not troll virgilw into making him release it ASAP. (Just take your time)

I want to make a series of maps with its own unique (as well as humorous and satirical) plot. That is why I am hoping that their will be an option to upload any picture you want to the characters speech so I can make my own characters (if not, I am just going to stick with the main characters that are given to you  :-\ ). It will basically be about a commander and his brother (who are both morons) trying to fight a Styglet commander (who will also be a moron).

As for the level themselves, I want to make "creeper mortars", creeper that is in the shape of claws, a massive volcano,

Spoiler
And of course, a massive creeper cannon as the final(?) boss.  ;)
[close]
Vote Tony!

knucracker

I should be able to make everyone happy here...
I won't release the editor until it is relatively solid and I also will _not_ take my time :)

Trust me, I want code maps and the editor to be released ASAP so I can get on to the flash game releases.  Not because I love the flash games, but because I want the game to get as much exposure as possible.  More exposure means a bigger community and more custom maps and excitement for all.

koker93

I'm largely unaware of the process here - I'm just a game player, not a developer.  LOVE CW2 btw.  Here's the dumb question - isn't the map editor already done?  Didn;t you use it to create about 30 levels already??  I must be missing something, seems this piece of work is already done...

Kamron3

Quote from: koker93 on May 24, 2011, 11:43:22 PM
I'm largely unaware of the process here - I'm just a game player, not a developer.  LOVE CW2 btw.  Here's the dumb question - isn't the map editor already done?  Didn;t you use it to create about 30 levels already??  I must be missing something, seems this piece of work is already done...

He's still making sure it works, he also has to integrate CW2 to be able to play the custom maps.

It's not done yet, but it should be getting close to being finished. Even if it was done, Virgil wants to release it later so that he can finish the flash games for CW2 and an updated CW1 flash game so that he can bring in more people.

Katra

I have one CW2 map in mind already. The final chapter of my CW1 pirates series. (Subtitle 'The Mine of Doom.')
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

UpperKEES

I hope there will be instructions how to include your own images for the various terrain cells and units, as I love to apply a special theme to a map. My first ones will probably be plain though.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...