Create Ore Deposits via CRPL?

Started by thepenguin, March 03, 2013, 10:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

Is it possible to create Ore deposits?

I know that emitters, sporetowers, and runner nests cannot be explicitly created, but scripts that do the same thing can be made.

Can CRPLcores actually create ore/crystals/anything other than more cores?

I'm working on a map generation algorithm and this would be a big help. (terrain is already set, I just need units)
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Quote from: thepenguin on March 03, 2013, 10:25:13 PM
a map generation algorithm

Sounds interesting TP! You're taking it one step further than I had in mind.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

Yes, you should be able to create Ore deposits, and lots of things.
http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:docs:createunit

Note that I only added "OreDeposit" as a type rather than three different versions.  I'm considering just getting rid of the smaller ore amounts and going with just one type on the procedural maps.  There seems to be little value if having three different types of ore deposits.

lurkily

With ore guppies and void, I tried a few maps that permitted kind of stop-and-go AC warfare, but not a constant use of AC due to limited supply . . . it didn't work out terribly well because the ore output of ore was too high.  I plan on tinkering with something involving AC emitters and  sprayers and guppies but . . . it's finicky to manage, and players can steal the supply line to use for other things.  Meh.

I'd suggest that rather than seeing them in procedural maps and leaving them out of custom maps and CRPL, they should be available in CRPL and custom maps, but procedural generation should ignore them.

thepenguin

so, like this:
"OREMINE" RandCoords CreateUnit
P.S. Obviously for map generation, something more deterministic than RandCoords should be used so it takes advantage of seeds.
I already have terrain generation worked out (sort of, still some bugs with my algorithm generating things that are either flat as can be or look like the surface of the moon when the rounding function gets nasty...)
P.P.S. CRPLCORE units still need to be done.  I'm working on something a little more sophisticated than virgil's standard (linear) unit logic.
We have become the creeper...