CW3 Suggestions Redux

Started by knucracker, November 01, 2012, 11:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.H

Snipers have some uses against runners but that's pretty much the limit of their ability. Perhaps expanding upon their functionality, e.g. by the ability to intercept CRPL projectiles, could make them a tad bit more handy.
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

4xC

In custom maps, maybe so. But in the campaign where I think it will matter the most, we need something else. I.E. kill digitalis that is farthest from it within its range until the only remaining digitalis is closer to the sniper or the far-off digitalis reappears. When I think "sniper", I think "versatile distant-killer" and what better way to exemplify this trait without directly destroying structures in place of nullifiers I wonder?
C,C,C,C

Ronini

Somehow, having one-purpose-only-weapons feels more real to me.

Shrike30

More real maybe, but inconsistent. The only other weapon system that has one target is the particle beam.  Both the particle beam and sniper tower could have some overlap or even be combined into the same structure without taking much away from the game.

Grauniad

Quote from: Shrike30 on March 11, 2013, 01:41:32 PM
More real maybe, but inconsistent. The only other weapon system that has one target is the particle beam.  Both the particle beam and sniper tower could have some overlap or even be combined into the same structure without taking much away from the game.

We talked about this, but then the particle beam may be empty when spores launch....  Not the situation you want to find yourself in.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

hoodwink

Quote from: Grauniad on March 11, 2013, 01:57:53 PM
Quote from: Shrike30 on March 11, 2013, 01:41:32 PM
More real maybe, but inconsistent. The only other weapon system that has one target is the particle beam.  Both the particle beam and sniper tower could have some overlap or even be combined into the same structure without taking much away from the game.

We talked about this, but then the particle beam may be empty when spores launch....  Not the situation you want to find yourself in.
I think this would add to the game, to position forward beams as well as base-covering beams. This would add a nice tactical challenge of keeping your beams stocked when the spore attack hits. Maybe you'll even want to temporarily stop them firing at runners for this. :D
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

Shrike30

It would seem like that would be a stronger arguement for nested defenses or even a "save ammo" mode (where the beam tower won't run its magazine below 50% shooting at runners).  Not that I'm insisting these towers must be merged, it just seems like an elegant combination of two limited use towers into one handier tower.  Ah well :)

lurkily

Quote from: hoodwink on March 10, 2013, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: lurkily on March 10, 2013, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: hoodwink on March 10, 2013, 11:28:39 AM
I get the idea (mainly from the videos such as NACDAR and so forth) that runners have a larger range than PCs. Therefore you must either decoy, upgrade range, or have quite a few of them. You could probably even bring in mortars or strafers to kill off the digi if the runner problem really gets That annoying.
NACDAR was also recorded before snipers were introduced.

Yes, but I'm trying to point out how somebody would go about attacking runners without snipers (since if they can quite easily, the sniper does not have much of a use). The video is useful for this because it does feature them.
Easily.  Upgrade PC's range, and prioritize digitalis.  Use this to push the digi back so runners can't get into stun range.  Eventually, isolate a runner nest from digi, and let the runners die as any new runners are isolated from digi.

If you control digi, you control runners.

UpperKEES

Quote from: lurkily on March 12, 2013, 08:25:35 AM
If you control digi, you control runners.

Yep, and that's why I'd like my PC's to prioritize Digi by default (and Creeper in second place).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

lurkily

Quote from: UpperKEES on March 12, 2013, 09:56:28 AM
Quote from: lurkily on March 12, 2013, 08:25:35 AMIf you control digi, you control runners.
Yep, and that's why I'd like my PC's to prioritize Digi by default (and Creeper in second place).
Would all depend on PC's un-upgraded range vs the runners in the final product.

If we're talking about losing the snipers, I wouldn't want to require upgrades to deal with runners.  But it does look like targeting digi will still be the typically most useful setting.

Shrike30

Especially if rounds fired at Digitalis damage any Creeper on top of the Digitalis.

tornado

Idea

Digitalis remote weapon
It controls digitalis at high energy
Cost and is temporary
Probably a good Titan weapon

Just a suggestion
Tornado
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

hoodwink

Quote from: tornado on March 13, 2013, 05:34:46 PM
Digitalis remote weapon
It controls digitalis

Hold up there, you'll have to bit more specific than that. Besides, i'm personally in favour of something that can blow it up rather than 'control' it. (Think Bertha)
Are you suggesting it is to electronically disable (like an EMP or something) the digitalis in a certain area/in the whole map for a short time? Interesting idea, but it seems overpowered and a bit ominous.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

Chawe800

I do like the Idea but not all maps have digitalis so it could also have a cool purpose against normal creeper too. Like maybe some sort of AC converter of EMP flashiness or something.
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

tornado

The idea was to control it and possibly convert creeper to
Ac.another posibility is to also reamove its limits.

Just a digestion

Tornado
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one