Unapproved Map Discussion

Started by knucracker, April 14, 2010, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

This topic is for the discussion of unapproved custom maps.  If you post a map and it doesn't get approved, check here to see if there are any outstanding questions regarding your map.

Karsten75

Description:
QuoteA map that requires speed and some pretty good strategy. Don't forget that you can pause and build :)

Rejection message:
QuoteI'm doubtful this map is winnable given the speed of the creeper and the location of the weapons techs.  Please see http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=1063.0 and post a screenshot of the completion graph for the map and I will release this map. 

You can also contact support@knucklecrasker.com for additional information.

JoeBenda

hey sry couldnt figure out how to get pic on this : \ parents helped and they couldnt do it hehe, could i just give you a hint on how to beat it? (i also sent a reply to the email that informed me about this with an attached word doc with the screen shot in it, dont know if thats an automated email or what) sry again for all the trouble :(

UpperKEES

Tip for adding screenshots to your post:

When you reply (and don't use the quick reply box at the bottom if you have that enabled), you can click on 'Additional Options', which allows you to attach a file of the types: gif, jpg, png, cwm and dat (max. 256 KB).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

JoeBenda

ug, thanks for all your patience :)

Karsten75

Karsten75

Description:
QuoteGrab what you need and get out.

Rejection message:
QuotePlease see http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=1063.0 or email support@knucklecracker.com with a screen shot of the completion graph for this map. I simply do not see how you can achieve the objectives in the stated 40 seconds.

Kamron3

Is it possible to start attaching the maps to your posts so we can test them as well.

_k

Karsten75

It certainly is possible (many things are possible), but it is extra work and I do not know what Virgil's position on that is. There are a number of changes coming in the approval systemt, so perhaps it is better to wait until then.

Karsten75

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 16, 2010, 09:19:14 AM
Description:
QuoteGrab what you need and get out.

Rejection message:
QuotePlease see http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=1063.0 or email support@knucklecracker.com with a screen shot of the completion graph for this map. I simply do not see how you can achieve the objectives in the stated 40 seconds.

What the heck. There are a bunch of other impossible or near-impossible maps. I've released this map so the best brains in the community can figure it out.

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=1561&page=

Karsten75

Description:
QuoteThis is it. It's all in. There's no turning back. Will the war finally end, or will all their efforts be in vain.

Units: Deciple, Oxide, Butcher, Goldwing, RC

Characters: Cody, Ian, Jackson, Alen, Zeroth, The Great One

rejection message:
This is the most problematic map I have seen ever. Firstly, the map lags intolerably right from the start. (Many of the collectors are unnecessary and overbuild. The drones are never needed.) Then you *have* to wait about 27 minutes (game time - about 1 hour elapsed time) for the walls to be eroded so that you can build connections to the Thor tech. Then, even the Thor is insufficient to suppress the emitters. Finally, it is impossible to build connections to the totems.

ThePhantom

I beat it, after two hours (though one could beat it earlier by "floating it")

although I will gladly revise the map to make it quicker kar check your PMs in a second please
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

Karsten75

Description:
QuoteYou are the captain of your ship, but a fierce storm has grounded it deep in the ocean. People have already been swept off and the life rafts won't last long out there! Save the men and escape as fast as you can. Also, watch out for freak waves...

Rejection:
QuoteThe creeper is too aggressive and a foothold cannot be established. If you post a winning score this decision can be reconsidered.

deathsandwich

I've sent my score now. You just have to be really careful with the mortars at the beginning. I hope to see it up soon to see who else can do it.