Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.H

Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

TrickyDragon

i like the earthquake idea....  a third party (nature) that can hinder or help the player......  i wonder how hard that would be to implement....
This is Life,  Life happens.

CobraKill

I'd like to see triggers. When player builds unit in location wait 1500 frames, then start.

I'm thinking of a map where you start in the middle with light creeper from both sides. You'll be forces to fight left to a castle. 5 minutes after you reach the castle, the emitters on the oppisite (right) side, go crazy and almost kill you, it does the same when you reach the middle. When you reach the emmitors on the right side, they make one last attempt at killing you.

This map is meant to be very hard, it'd be really good if I could have triggers to start and stop emmitors and launch spores and messages. All sorts of things.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Mr.H

Quote from: CobraKill on August 17, 2012, 10:00:46 AM
I'd like to see triggers. When player builds unit in location wait 1500 frames, then start.

I'm thinking of a map where you start in the middle with light creeper from both sides. You'll be forces to fight left to a castle. 5 minutes after you reach the castle, the emitters on the oppisite (right) side, go crazy and almost kill you, it does the same when you reach the middle. When you reach the emmitors on the right side, they make one last attempt at killing you.

This map is meant to be very hard, it'd be really good if I could have triggers to start and stop emmitors and launch spores and messages. All sorts of things.
Great idea, added :) .
Stop reading IT!

hoodwink

Quote from: Mr.H on August 16, 2012, 03:17:58 AM
Any more suggestions anyone? I'm not sure if virgil added lightning, but that shield that randomly exploded could either be related to an overload feature, or a lightning strike :D .
I think that the shield was destroyed because a spore hit a building in the area of the shield. Not sure, but I remember a discussion about it in the comments.
The lightning was a thunderclap outside of the game, as a storm blew through as he was recording - just good timing by Virgil.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

Mr.H

Quote from: hoodwink on August 17, 2012, 05:52:31 PM
Quote from: Mr.H on August 16, 2012, 03:17:58 AM
Any more suggestions anyone? I'm not sure if virgil added lightning, but that shield that randomly exploded could either be related to an overload feature, or a lightning strike :D .
I think that the shield was destroyed because a spore hit a building in the area of the shield. Not sure, but I remember a discussion about it in the comments.
The lightning was a thunderclap outside of the game, as a storm blew through as he was recording - just good timing by Virgil.

Oh lol, well hopefully that was a message from god that asked him to add lightning to the game :P

Edit: The steam creeper no-fly zone idea of mine was sort-of implemented into CW3 :D !
Check it out: http://knucklecracker.com/blog/index.php/2012/08/roma-victor/
Stop reading IT!

Mr.H

What do you guys think of adding a little bit of an intellectual puzzle to the game, a code to crack, a door to unlock, that sort of thing? Maybe have missions where you have to hack into ancient consoles to help aid you by closing a bulkhead and stopping the creeper?

For example you could have an ancient facility on a hill with a rogue emitter in the middle, you come from the outside and must quickly respond to stop it. A few ancient consoles control various mechanics, bulkheads, pitfalls(lower terrain), etc. You can place the same structure as you do for crystal collection on it to access the console and it will slowly show a meter in hacking it. After that you can control all connected bulkheads etc. Thus you're using ancient leftover tech from humanity to your advantage!
Stop reading IT!

Yelik

Slow Zone, everything (building attack rate, plane flight speed, creeper flow rate, is slower in an area the map maker can set

larger weapons cause damage to the terrain, like nukes leave a large hole

Electric Gun, fires electricity that spreads through creeper and anti-creeper, converting a limited amount

Creeper EMP, creeper somehow can disable all units in a range of a certain creeper thing that would disable all the units and buildings temporally

Ramps, allow collectors to work over hills

Line/fill drawing when terraforming

Ability to aim turrets

Units get a small store of anti-creeper that they release when they touch creeper

Solar energy, good source of energy from space

Ice Gun, freezes creeper, temporarily turning it into a wall

Laser Turret, similar range and ability to as a repulser, slowly damages creeper in the beam

Hope I didn't suggest anything already said, I tried not to

Mr.H

Quote from: Yelik on August 21, 2012, 01:32:06 PM
Slow Zone, everything (building attack rate, plane flight speed, creeper flow rate, is slower in an area the map maker can set

larger weapons cause damage to the terrain, like nukes leave a large hole

Electric Gun, fires electricity that spreads through creeper and anti-creeper, converting a limited amount

Creeper EMP, creeper somehow can disable all units in a range of a certain creeper thing that would disable all the units and buildings temporally

Ramps, allow collectors to work over hills

Line/fill drawing when terraforming

Ability to aim turrets

Units get a small store of anti-creeper that they release when they touch creeper

Solar energy, good source of energy from space

Ice Gun, freezes creeper, temporarily turning it into a wall

Laser Turret, similar range and ability to as a repulser, slowly damages creeper in the beam

Hope I didn't suggest anything already said, I tried not to
Woaw, ideas fiesta! Now this is what I like to see ;)

1.Sounds cool, like a field but then it only makes everything(including packets, etc) go slower.

2. Sounds a bit OP, but maybe if you can unlock it once e.g. by picking up a uranium artifact you can fire it from orbit. Then it's a one time thing but still epic.

3. Sounds like a conversion bomb, this would definitely be too OP. Unless you got rid of the conversion part?

4. Suggested before, but that's fine ;)

5. That would be awesome!

6. Don't see how this is tactically necessary since their current auto-target modes are the most devastating. Perhaps if you can configure if they attack the nearest creeper or not, then this may be an idea.

7. Suggested before, maybe.

8. I'm guessing reactor's allready have inbuilt geothermal devices, solar panels, etc to create energy.

9. That's an interesting concept

10. I'm not sure how repulsor-like weapons would function in CW3 without being too OP, but if the creeper push is limited that would work.
Stop reading IT!

Cohiba

Quote from: Mr.H on August 21, 2012, 03:30:37 AM
What do you guys think of adding a little bit of an intellectual puzzle to the game, a code to crack, a door to unlock, that sort of thing? Maybe have missions where you have to hack into ancient consoles to help aid you by closing a bulkhead and stopping the creeper?

For example you could have an ancient facility on a hill with a rogue emitter in the middle, you come from the outside and must quickly respond to stop it. A few ancient consoles control various mechanics, bulkheads, pitfalls(lower terrain), etc. You can place the same structure as you do for crystal collection on it to access the console and it will slowly show a meter in hacking it. After that you can control all connected bulkheads etc. Thus you're using ancient leftover tech from humanity to your advantage!
Sounds like a bit of a stretch..  Think most of us are TD players who just wana blow stuff up.  Hence the OP bomb and unit suggestions i've seen.  Yes we like strategy but if you make a puzzle to hard think it might turn some people off.  Now must maintain control of nodes sounds a bit like the nodes from CW1 that you had to get before you could complete a world.  Be interesting to have a mix some Obliterate all creeper and some CTF or node levels.

Mr.H

Quote from: Cohiba on August 23, 2012, 02:56:23 PM

Sounds like a bit of a stretch..  Think most of us are TD players who just wana blow stuff up.  Hence the OP bomb and unit suggestions i've seen.  Yes we like strategy but if you make a puzzle to hard think it might turn some people off.  Now must maintain control of nodes sounds a bit like the nodes from CW1 that you had to get before you could complete a world.  Be interesting to have a mix some Obliterate all creeper and some CTF or node levels.
I'm suggesteing more of placing a structure on a 'console' in-game which automaticly 'hacks' the system and allows you to control mechanics. Good for tactics and buildings, and still just as strategical as you can switch it on and off and it isn't insurmountable by the creeper.
Stop reading IT!

lurkily

Quote from: Mr.H on August 24, 2012, 11:48:56 AM
Quote from: Cohiba on August 23, 2012, 02:56:23 PM

I'm suggesteing more of placing a structure on a 'console' in-game which automaticly 'hacks' the system and allows you to control mechanics. Good for tactics and buildings, and still just as strategical as you can switch it on and off and it isn't insurmountable by the creeper.
my biggest problem with this is that CW just isn't a puzzle game, it's a tactical game with defense aspects.  If this is really needed, you can implement the connection and the power draw, and leave the puzzle out.  By making the power draw very heavy, it can remain a tactical choice, with potential gains and losses both from engaging that aspect of the game, and from ignoring it.

Don't get me wrong, what you're describing sounds like a fun game, it just doesn't sound like this game.

Mr.H

Quote from: lurkily on August 24, 2012, 04:09:04 PM
my biggest problem with this is that CW just isn't a puzzle game, it's a tactical game with defense aspects.  If this is really needed, you can implement the connection and the power draw, and leave the puzzle out.  By making the power draw very heavy, it can remain a tactical choice, with potential gains and losses both from engaging that aspect of the game, and from ignoring it.

Don't get me wrong, what you're describing sounds like a fun game, it just doesn't sound like this game.
That's what I meant in my last post , you simply place a tactical structure on the device which activates a door or something. This way we could have facilities , as in buildings, and consoles which you can spend energy on to control certain movements on the map.
Stop reading IT!

lurkily

Quote from: Mr.H on August 26, 2012, 08:46:26 AM
Quote from: lurkily on August 24, 2012, 04:09:04 PM
my biggest problem with this is that CW just isn't a puzzle game, it's a tactical game with defense aspects.  If this is really needed, you can implement the connection and the power draw, and leave the puzzle out.  By making the power draw very heavy, it can remain a tactical choice, with potential gains and losses both from engaging that aspect of the game, and from ignoring it.

That's what I meant in my last post , you simply place a tactical structure on the device which activates a door or something. This way we could have facilities , as in buildings, and consoles which you can spend energy on to control certain movements on the map.
As per CW1, you just connect them to your network, power them, and they're yours.

EDIT: By which I mean, that's how it worked then, perhaps it'll work that way again.

tornado

my previous idea of 2 sided creeper is posible
if creeper is + and anti creeper is- then could you have my creper as *.
imean it makes sencse right
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one