mobile devices?

Started by kevindude6, February 22, 2010, 05:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevindude6

Im new here, obivously, but i'm a fan of this game. i'm trying to learn how to code android, and thinking of some app i can make. i was thinking creeper world could expand to mobile devices like the droid. that would be really cool. I've noticed other popular flash games expanding to. also, i could try to code it, but i probably wont do well. i could probably figure most of it out, but some of it i have no idea.

Thanks, i just wanted to know if it was expanding to other systems.

TheLEGID

I think that if it will be on mobiles that it will be on touch-display mobiles ... but I now think that on nomal phone with buttons it could be too ... i have in my head how it could be with buttons and screen position but ... :)

BTW great idea !!! if it will be on phones i´ll buy it for phone too ;-)

kevindude6

ya, i meant to say touch screen phones/devices. android phones, ipod touch, iphone.

kevindude6

so... any confirmation? im probably still gonna try to make it for practice and just ask for help on certain parts lol

The smoking revolver

Idk...Its probably possible,but dont put your hopes up that ill be a top ranked app
There is always a I in team

kevindude6

ye, but it will probably be pretty high, considering how many people love this. if they could get a version of this on their phones for maybe 3 dollars or so, they probably would.

UpperKEES

A lot of phones (like the iPhone) don't even support flash. Besides this the map won't probably fit on the display and the structures will be to small to work with. The application will also be too heavy for mobile processors.

Nevertheless I would love to have it on my phone.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

kevindude6

not quite sure how to quote... :D anyways 1. doesnt support flash. I know that, which is why i was saying i would try to rewrite it. 2. map wont fit. We can have a zoomed in view for structure management and a zoomed out view for over-viewing and assessing the map. somehow lol. 3. proccessing. knowing these devices, the only bad part would be the creeper, and if that was written efficently, it wouldnt be very taxing. the speed packets could also be bad, but the fact that everything is simple shapes would make it much better. i think it would wwork pretty well

UpperKEES

Hmmm, I have a Nokia 5800 (with 640 by 360 touch screen) running on Symbian OS (with flash support).

I suggest you start with development for that platform! ;D
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

Android > iPhone > Nokia Phones

kevindude6

if it has flash support, it can run creeper world. probably. also, i cant code iphone: i dont have a mac

JACKL

Try L.A.S.W for iphone, its a pretty in depth game for the iphone and computer, and there are really no diffrences, minus the lack of shotcuts. I think that if virgil did the same thing with creeper world as they did, people would but in for 3-5 dollers.
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Ebon Heart

I wouldn't be so sure about mobile devices not being able to handle it..... I mean, my ipod touch is faster than this piece of crap I call a computer.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Echo51

So you have like a Pentium 3 600mhz computer, eh?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

JavierBartow

You probably need to optimize your operating system !