Bigger screenshot @ Custom Maps

Started by roccologic, March 23, 2010, 07:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roccologic

Please make bigger screenshots at Custom Maps on the page.
Is it posibble to make real screenshots fore this?... the current do not show everything.

Or make the screenshot on the details page 200%-300% picture size

And please make more Filter.

big thanks

roccologic

is it posibble to post a screenshot at map details?

please gif us the possibility to post [img]picture link[/img] under map details (allow only image size  <=400x300 then there are no design problems)

i like to poste screemshots at map details like this size....

this size is not to big and not to small (i think so  ;D)

or better like this design.............

and if someone dont makes his own screenshot then strech the original.... (you dont have to resize it to strech, the quali isnt so good but its better to see)

UpperKEES

I think the reason the pictures are smaller at the moment is because it would increase the data traffic from the server and Virgil is paying for that all by himself.

I agree however it would look nicer. If a redesign of these pages would be considered, I would also make the description area larger; at the moment you can only see a few lines and you have to scroll to see everything. The width of the pages should probably stay 800 pixels, but there is no limit to the length of a page (I rather scroll a whole page than a text box that I have to select first).

If something like the above will not be implemented for larger pictures, it would be nice if the max attachment size on the forums could be set to 350 KB instead of 256 KB. Most CW screenies are between 280 and 320 KB and I always have to compress them for 80-90% before I can post them.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

roccologic

Original:

Strech with firefox:

So the strechet pic dont need more space, but better to see. "Pro" internet user  can upload a screenshot on 1 of the 1000 free picture hoster and insert the pic with [img ]http://link[/img] in the map details (if the img code is aktive).

SPIFFEN

Oh that strech pic made me dissy =(

And after players get used to the pics that is now ,
they should be abel to see if they want to play it or not .
If they are'nt sure , they can downloaded it and try it .
If they dont like it , they can delete it .

But yes it would be nice with bigger pics ,
but they work nice for me as they are now .

Strech'd pics i do'nt want to see ,
it's more confusing than helpful .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Quote from: SPIFFEN on March 25, 2010, 10:39:08 AM
Strech'd pics i do'nt want to see ,
it's more confusing than helpful .

I agree with that. It's doesn't give me any more info.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

roccologic

The solution is a better Costum Maps menu in the game  ;)
then people download all games (in a 1000 map file and week file or day file, this download can make IN the game without browser, you can hoste them on mirrors) and look at nice details menu in the game, with bigger an real screenshot (show all details from the map) and good filter system.

Or a extra Costum Map tool for this, to manage maps and download new

Echo51

Make a application that accesses the list like the site does, then just on click in on it, have it load and show the .cwn, they cant be that big, then if player wants that map, just click Download/install, and it will automaticlly be copied into the creeper world folder?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...