Creeper World Tee Shirt

Started by knucracker, April 17, 2011, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMag

Make that look good in a one color print then :)

It may look good if we can use 100% black down to 0% black, because then we can play with the greyscale.

thepenguin

Quote from: MadMag on April 19, 2011, 06:51:01 AM
Make that look good in a one color print then :)

It may look good if we can use 100% black down to 0% black, because then we can play with the greyscale.

who says it is one-color?
We have become the creeper...

MadMag

I guess
Quote from: virgilw on April 17, 2011, 04:55:15 PM
Note that the shirt will be single sided and likely target a single color.

means that.

MadMag

Is it CW1 only design, or both?

MadMag

Emitter

Grauniad

Question: Does anyone actually intend walking around with a T-shirt saying the word "Creeper?"  Seriously.

Maybe rather something like "Defeat the Creeper" or, as I previously suggested "Blast This!" and then Creeper World and Knuckle Cracker as smaller text for those looking closer.

The association between "creep" and "Creeper" is easy to mistake that I'd not want to venture out with a shirt like that - just say I don't have the chutzpah.

Edit: just realized Kamron brought this up earlier in the thread.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MadMag

I think alot of people would love the shirts just because of the words creeper world.. I remember my rebellion time when I was 12-17. I always wanted the words/sentences like Highway to hell, the number is 666, Piss Off, frak [edited for the young: vw] the world and stuff like that :)

Stuff like that sells, and get attention. Not that "Creeper World" in my mind is in that category, but yeh.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Charlie Sheen on April 17, 2011, 05:20:31 PM
An emitter with creeper spreading over a shirt that looks like CW1 terrain

Quote from: MadMag on April 19, 2011, 06:51:01 AM

I'd say 100%, 80%, 20% and 1% of black are all black, so one colour.

Quote from: Grauniad on April 19, 2011, 01:06:46 PM
Question: Does anyone actually intend walking around with a T-shirt saying the word "Creeper?"  Seriously.

I'd prefer not. A small CW logo on the left of the chest would be fine though.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

It depends what other text is on the T-shirt ,
so i dont mind wearing it with the word CREEPER on it ,
if the small text fits and are kind of funny . ( an doubble way to get it , so it can be even good or bad depending of how you read it =P )
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

MadMag

Yep.. 0% to 100% black is one color, but not all print companies count it as one color. (the printing press don't tackle it)

If it does there is several cool things we can make. Also depends on the shirt color.

Like this:

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

me no see problem :P
We have become the creeper...

Fisherck

Question: Does anyone actually intend walking around with a T-shirt saying the word "Creeper?"  Seriously.
Prhaps a shirt for the brave and another one for the not so brave then. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Discordmerch

Hello, this is Ed from Discord Merch.  Virgil pointed me towards this thread as I wanted to get input from the CW community on the shirt design.  My main focus is to use a design that existing fans of the game would like but also would be funny, cute or interesting enough so that if someone sees the shirt and has never heard of Creeper World they still might buy it.  On my site I have shirts for TVtropes.org and I have sold them at conventions to people who have never heard of the site, they just liked the shirt.  So this is a way to make fans happy, but also to potentially spread the word about the game. 

With screen printing, each color is its own screen, so the more complex a design is the more expensive it is to print.  However, that doesn't just mean black on white or white on black.  I currently have a green on black design, for example.  However, for a particularly good design I would be ok with 2 colors, or 2 sided.  Any design has to include the Knuckle Cracker logo and website URL.

I am particularly liking Mad Mag's designs, they are all good and appropriate for screen printing.  Also note that we don't have to get everything into one shirt.  If the first shirt does well I would obviously be open to expanding the line, especially with Creeper World 2 coming out.

If anyone would like to email me directly, my email is Info@discordmerch.com.  If I use someone's design as-is I will be happy to credit them in the shirt description on the site by their forum name or any other identifier they wish.  Virgil does get final approval on any designs before they go up, but he agreed that getting community input was important.

Thanks for the great ideas, hopefully with your input we should have a finished shirt design shortly.

Ed
Discordmerch.com

Kamron3

Unfortunately I couldn't support any of MagMad's shirts simply because I could never walk around with "Creeper" on my shirt. Only ideas I could get behind is maybe a monochrome version of the units in the game if you want 1-2 colors...

I particularly liked the CW1 terrain with Creeper spreading over it with the KC logo on it.