Creeper Theory

Started by Michionlion, November 29, 2010, 08:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Sorry, I can't find where the original  conversation took place, but I have a new theory to add:

The Creeper is made up of all the elements and anti elements, so it is a stable material/matter/gas whatever you call it (the anti and regular cancel out each other).  However, when it encounters something, the higher intelligence behind it (Creeper Nexus, or a regular emitter under the Creeper Nexus) orders it to change that part that is touching it to the exact opposite elements that the object is made if, therefore destroying it (if the higher intelligence wants to destroy it [or should I say cancel out?] ).  This could be sort of a problem with totems, and terrain, but maybe the creeper doesn't recognize these things, or thinks them unimportant (something could happen with all non-destroyable things).

So how is this for a theory?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

burguertime

I think the creeper is made out of condensed psychic energy. It is the focused hatred of the nexus/emitters on existance, that takes on material form, as some kind of ectoplasm.

That is why it must seep through the terrain, and can destroy everything (almost). Its only weakness is raw applied energy and dimensional warping - the mortars and drones drop energy charges (like the gungan's blue orbs in SW).

The rift totems are themselves dimensional singularities. The creeper surrounds, but can never actually touch them. Other structures centered on dimensional singularities send out energy and are vulnerable because of that, but the rift totems only receive energy.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Michionlion on November 29, 2010, 08:21:45 PM
Sorry, I can't find where the original  conversation took place

I think the discussion you meant starts here.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

thanks, i'll go post it there.

--Locked--
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!