Custom Map Video Series

Started by Mare, July 30, 2010, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: Mare on August 10, 2010, 11:05:38 AM
Thanks for the compliment!! If you know any good maps to review I would appreciate it because I cannot find many maps that are good anymore...

Depends how you define 'good'. Do you like them hard, pretty looking, fun to play, full of surprises and do these maps have to be recent? For me any map that offers a nice challenge without being boring is a good map. See here for my favorite map makers (although I should probably add F0R and Fisherck to that list as well).

Quote from: Sauffaus on August 10, 2010, 11:35:15 AM
Try one of my new ones:

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2799

... I would love to read your analysis :)

Yeah, I would certainly review some of Sauffaus's maps (I still have to play his latest 2, but I'm sure they will be great).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Mare

Map: Golden Shores
Author: Sauffaus

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2799&page=

Personal Rating: 4.7
Personal Difficulty: Hard
Personal Thoughts: ......YOUR EMITTERS CAN GO TO HELL!!! This map was fun, at first I thought "Hey, this is too easy"....then I saw the 1000 intensity flood wave of Creeper and the first thing that popped up in my head was "...oh no.....OH HELL NO!!" Fun and challenging, I admit that I may have taken a bit longer then expected, but I can't help but spam Speed Nodes everywhere just to see how fast my packets can go. The terrain coupled with the 3 most jerk-face emitters ever provide a great challenge, all I can say to those who play this map, BUILD BUILD BUILD, A LOT OF Units are required to temporarily cap the emitters long enough for you to charge the totem and fly outta there. Good map, well balanced with both terrain and Emitters. Definitely worth playing.

Video Walkthrough:
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Mare

Unfortunately school has started again for me so now I may not upload as many maps as I had wanted to, I am sorry for the inconvenience and will try to upload as many maps as possible on the weekends from now on.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Karsten75

Quote from: Mare on August 12, 2010, 08:36:10 PM
Unfortunately school has started again for me so now I may not upload as many maps as I had wanted to, I am sorry for the inconvenience and will try to upload as many maps as possible on the weekends from now on.

Inconvenience? Who do you think you are inconveniencing?  It is a free country and map uploading is voluntary.  :)

Mare

Well, When I look at the number of views on you tube and how many views there are on this topic, I thought people would...disappointed or something.

Karsten75

Quote from: Mare on August 12, 2010, 11:03:42 PM
Well, When I look at the number of views on you tube and how many views there are on this topic, I thought people would...disappointed or something.

We'll live and find a way to cope with our deep disappointment... :)

Mare

Map: Mthw2vc's Evacuation
Author: Mthw2vc

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=1822&page=

Personal Rating: 3.5
Personal Difficulty: Trivial
Personal Thoughts: Very good map, I make it look easy and short, but in truth you have to time everything PERFECTLY, one little mistake and its back to the drawing board. Its good at first, but after you complete it once, it is boring completing it again.

Video Walkthrough:  

ontheworld

Flok by F0R

just can't see how to do it

mthw2vc

Quote from: Mare on August 19, 2010, 01:14:14 AM

Personal Thoughts: Very good map, I make it look easy and short, but in truth you have to time everything PERFECTLY, one little mistake and its back to the drawing board. Its good at first, but after you complete it once, it is boring completing it again.

Video Walkthrough:  

I did originally say it was easy, didn't I? It gives you a lot more room for error than you would likely think. Although, I would've thought this map would have violated your rule number 3, as you need to use what is there to win... Map 2 is a bit too easy to rush if you ask me, but since you've had problems dealing with spores in the past, who knows? Perhaps you might enjoy the rest of the series thus far.

Mare

Quote from: mthw2vc on August 19, 2010, 08:20:29 AM
Quote from: Mare on August 19, 2010, 01:14:14 AM

Video Walkthrough:  

I did originally say it was easy, didn't I? It gives you a lot more room for error than you would likely think. Although, I would've thought this map would have violated your rule number 3, as you need to use what is there to win... Map 2 is a bit too easy to rush if you ask me, but since you've had problems dealing with spores in the past, who knows? Perhaps you might enjoy the rest of the series thus far.

I can make exceptions for requested maps, but If I choose the map, Then I will abide by the rules posted up there.

Mare

Quote from: ontheworld on August 19, 2010, 04:03:05 AM
Flok by F0R

just can't see how to do it
I'll get to it after I'm done eating dinner.

mthw2vc

Am I allowed to post my own videos here?
I've recorded a run of Flok with double down on and it's uploading now... It'll be done at about 700 GMT, about five hours from now... When it's done, it will be found here.

Mare

Quote from: mthw2vc on August 20, 2010, 10:11:59 PM
Am I allowed to post my own videos here?
I've recorded a run of Flok with double down on and it's uploading now... It'll be done at about 700 GMT, about five hours from now... When it's done, it will be found here.

Jerkface much? I completed my NO Double Down walkthrough at the same time, Oh well, I will post both links for the sake of simplicity, of course you get credit for the DD walkthrough. Thanks for doing the Map on Double Down, I was planning to do it but I decided to go normal, then you came and did the DD walkthrough for me, thanks!!!!

Map: Flok
Author: FOR (My, (Personally), favorite terrain Author)

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2610&page=

Personal Rating: 4
Personal Difficulty: Medium
Personal Thoughts: It was a fun map, the start up had me puzzled at first, but after about 3 retries, I finally got it. My advice: BUILD DRONES AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! Without dying of course, there are only three emitters, however they are well placed and with the intensity they have, they can overflow you quickly if no action is taken. Its a fun and good battle for those who want something slightly challenging but easy. Try double down for more of a challenge.

Video Walkthrough (normal):

Mthw2vc's Walkthrough (DD):

Also, Please take note that you can post your videos of walkthroughs for any map here, it is not just me or Mthw2vc who can post videos.

Mare

Map: The Broken Bridge
Author: George

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=393&page=

Personal Rating: 4
Personal Difficulty: Medium
Personal thoughts: Fun map, The bridge is the only way to the other side, if you are playing on normal, secure the bridge first, if on double down, its better to build up then secure the bridge. Its a good way to make players have to fight for the ground they want to capture.

Video Walkthrough: