Creeper World 2: The Advanced GUI System

Started by Kamron3, April 19, 2010, 10:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

Hopefully in CW2 we will have a much more advanced GUI system.

In CW2, I would like the option of:
- Being able to have tons of weapons and "civilian" buildings
- Allowing Virgil to make the game more customizable. Would be really cool to be able to put a file in /Creeper World 2/weapons/ and then that weapon is added to the game(ofc in a custom game only) This reminds me of a mod or something. But it would really allow someone to customize their list of weapons.
- Smaller system for buildings. Aka the original idea that I posted about being able to select certain units and mods by clicking a forward button and a backwards button:

the < would be backwards and the > would be forwards while the [D] would be the building. In my example I used a drone.

-hideable GUI
-display notifications(can opt out) this would tell you real-time display of whats going on. Say you built a Reactor. It would show - Reactor built! next to the reactor when it is completed. It would be for only a few seconds and would then disappear while moving downwards. something like this:

Reactor built!
Reactor built!
Reactor built!
Reactor built!
Reactor built!
*disappear*

That's it for now! :)

_k

J

I think its a very, very good idea. Mayby a "custom weapon dowload" is possible so you can use it in custom maps. To create more space for new buildings a scrollbar is a good idea, Virgil can make the build smaller by only let see the picture.

UpperKEES

I'd go for a minimum resolution of 800 by 600 (or even 1024 x 768) to create more space, as every computer will be able to handle this technically nowadays. Of course game speed is the real problem here, so it probably depends whether Adobe Air will be used to develop the sequel.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview