Interesting CW2 screenshots

Started by UpperKEES, May 15, 2011, 09:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Like in CW1 you can make a screenshot by pressing the Backspace-key. Your screeny will automatically be saved in your Documents\creeperworld2_screens folder.

Post your most interesting CW2 screenshots in this topic if you like!

Here you see Novus Orsa (day 1) after excavating / destroying everything possible:

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

katanna

Here is lvl 2 cleared.  Note that I left the ore blocks, I am bored enough to spend 10 minutes clearing the map but I am not bored enough to spend "who knows how long" to wait for those to clear (and I haven't played enough to know if they WILL clear when I mine all of the ore).

On a side note: Super glad to find that it does have built in support for exporting the entire map as one screenshot!  I was ready to open Photoshop! (However, I did edit this screenshot because it had the "lightening bolt" icon where my mouse was hovering over a dark space.)

Matthew

mthw2vc

Quote from: katanna on May 15, 2011, 04:14:06 PM
(and I haven't played enough to know if they WILL clear when I mine all of the ore)
They do, notice the lack of an ore deposit in KEES's pic for day 1...

I actually made a video of the results of cleaning out level 3 way back when, I'll see if I can find it...

EDIT: Here it is.

Michionlion

do you still get greeper when you dig a depleted ore block? i don't think so....
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

No, it turns into normal (diggable) terrain.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Quote from: Michionlion on May 20, 2011, 02:33:20 PM
do you still get greeper when you dig a depleted ore block? i don't think so....

You can't "dig a depleted block." The ore rigs disappear in a silent puff of smoke when they hit the last bit of ore. Then all you have left is a lonely square of virgin territory - ready for yo to build something else on, or to dig it up.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Karsten75

mthw2vc

Quote from: Michionlion on May 20, 2011, 03:11:05 PM
in the video it did
That is not me digging out the former location of an ore rig. Rather, I used a bug from the beta to place a maker inside of a terrain cell and fill it up with creeper. You cannot do this normally.

Karsten75

I  wonder if he's thinking of entombed ore? I'd be interesting if you put mineral resources into a cell, then put a bazillion Anti-creeper in it that can only be gotten at by completely mining the cell.
* Karsten75 leaves, whipping himself for pushing even more off-topic.

Michionlion

;)

on-topic:
i have one other picture of everything deleted in day 16 i think... let me find that.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!