AC ore node depletion?

Started by kalafin, March 10, 2013, 11:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: Grauniad on March 12, 2013, 10:09:02 AM
to initially build the ore mine, you'd have to send a guppy out there anyway.

Or use a CN flyby. Of course a packet guppy can be re-used elsewhere after delivering the required 15 packets to build the ore mine.

One can also assume that the ore mine may have to be defended which would necessitate any combination of Beams, PCs, Mortars and perhaps even Snipers.

In that case you indeed certainly need a packet guppy or a land line. I think however that it would be a better choice not to use the ore deposit at all (yet), because the total operation costs would be higher than the gain in AC.

Adding in a bit of energy for the Ore Mine doesn't seem such a conceptual stretch.  However, I'm not sure programming-wise.

The CW2 mines use a tiny bit of energy, just like the tech domes, so I believe it will be a conceptual choice rather than a technical one.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

lurkily

Quote from: UpperKEES on March 12, 2013, 10:29:50 AM
Quote from: Grauniad on March 12, 2013, 10:09:02 AMAdding in a bit of energy for the Ore Mine doesn't seem such a conceptual stretch.  However, I'm not sure programming-wise.
The CW2 mines use a tiny bit of energy, just like the tech domes, so I believe it will be a conceptual choice rather than a technical one.
The forge already utilizes the same kind of 'maintenance' consumption, as well . . . . but every unit will, as always, have its own needs and flaws that the code will have to anticipate/fix.