Creeper Final map - Help! Spoiler alert!

Started by Grabarz, May 18, 2011, 02:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grabarz

SPOILER!
Spoiler
So I finally managed to get to level 20 and... I'm totally stuck!

Pic in attachments. Give me some clues what to do... Bombs only barely harm this thing. Did I miss something?
[close]

Modified to warn of spoiler - G.
I knew that already..

(removed the attachment)

Ionizer

Took me a while to figure out what to do as well.

If you didn't read the intro text carefully you miss the hint.  The Nexus can only be harmed by Dark Lasers and ONLY if there is zero creeper on the level.

The problem is the Nexus constantly emits creeper and the lasers stop when they hit the Nexus itself, so there is always creeper under it.

You have to use bombs to blow up all the creeper.  Then your lasers can shoot at it for a second or two before new creeper is emitted.

So you need lots and lots of bombs.  Make sure you have plenty of energy left over or you will run out before you can set off enough bombs to kill it.  I needed 4 dark lasers to keep the creep contained as well as kill the darn drones from destroying the bombs.

UpperKEES

I still see some Creeper in the center. Have you tried doing something about that?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grabarz

Thank you for the replies, I found out that detonating bombs one after one instead of all at once was a lot more efficient, so Nexus went down pretty quick. Awesome ending, I loved when Nexus started whining!
And thanks for changing the title, i know previous one didn't say anything about spoilers.

Emmote

Multiple bombs going off together does nothing of benefit. Since 1 will convert all creaper near by, the others that go off afterwards will convert nothing or any creeper that appeared after the previous went off.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

thepenguin

Spoiler
four dark beams at once takes care of the NDDs very quickly
[close]
We have become the creeper...

nozomu

Quote from: Ionizer on May 18, 2011, 02:31:58 PM
  I needed 4 dark lasers to keep the creep contained as well as kill the darn drones from destroying the bombs.
3 is enough from what ive noticed. Also it is a good idea to wrap one laser around the nexus with dark mirrors to kill any drones, and you only want to detonate one at a time (but build lots; it can take a long time to blow up the nexus)
Violence is not the answer but it is a solution
-I dont know where I heard this

creeper killer

Quote from: Grabarz on May 18, 2011, 03:16:05 PM
Thank you for the replies, I found out that detonating bombs one after one instead of all at once was a lot more efficient, so Nexus went down pretty quick. Awesome ending, I loved when Nexus started whining!
And thanks for changing the title, i know previous one didn't say anything about spoilers.
actually, 3-4 bombs at a time is pretty much the most efficient.
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

pixlepix

Why?
You are affecting infinite creeper within the radius. The C-bomb doesn't have a maximum damage. And bombs detonated 2-3 seconds after the first one are a complete waste, as there is n evil creeper to kill.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Kithros

Well, you don't *need* to have more than 1 dark beam, but having 4 dark beams all hitting it will obviously do 4x as much damage. You don't want to wait for the  bombs to finish detonating before sending in the next bomb, but there's no reason to detonate multiple bombs at the same time either. You usually want one detonating every 1-2 seconds. 4 dark beams will also kill any drones before they can hit anything farther than 1 space away.

Lioncourt

After I killed the emitters in the middle, and had my 4 dark lasers directed at the middle, I found sending in 1 converter after the next, 1 spot to the left of the nexus (dark laser kills it, causes it to blow up and nail creeper) then send a converter just one space south of the nexus (same thing, hit by dark laser), and just continue till all creeper is mine, and just keep sending in the converters till the bad guy is toast.
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

DethbyIT

Ebon Heart

If you didn't read the intro text carefully you miss the hint.  The Nexus can only be harmed by Dark Lasers and ONLY if there is zero creeper on the level.
That actually isn't true, the nexus can only be harmed if there is zero creeper around it. It's just fine if there's creeper elsewhere in the level.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ginger88895

(Nexus.removeMovieClip();)
Actually, I found bombs can kill drones.
Spoiler
2 dark beams are enough. 1 on left and 1 on top.
[close]