Pre-built fully charged mortars contain more energy (BUG)

Started by UpperKEES, October 20, 2010, 12:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

A pre-built fully charged mortar contains more energy than a mortar charged by Odin City.

It will be able to fire 9 shells, while a mortar charged by Odin City can only fire 8 when fully charged. When the pre-built mortar gets recharged completely it will only fire 8 shells like a normal mortar.

Pre-built blasters don't show similar behaviour.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Sqaz

This is because mortars have a standard capacity of 30.6 energy (thus 9shots) but since .6 energy can't be replenished by OC so you'll only get 30 if it isn't pre-charged.

You can see this by watching at the energy needed to recharge, the pre-charged one will need 30 packets as 30.6-(30.6-(9*3.4))= 30.6= 30 ammo packets
While otherwise you'll only need 27 packets as 30.6-(30-(8*3.4))= 27.8= 27 building packets.

UpperKEES

Hmmm, this isn't as described here, but could be very well possible, as more of that info is wrong.

It would also mean that if you keep recharging that mortar and disconnect it before it starts firing again, there should be a moment that it can fire 9 shells again:

1. Start empty, charge with 30 packets and fire 8 shells: 2.8 packets left
2. Start with 2.8, charge with 27 packets and fire 8 shells: 2.6 packets left
3. Start with 2.6, charge with 28 packets and fire 9 shells: 0 packets left

I'll try to test this soon.

mthw2vc

Alternatively, start empty, charge with 30 packets, fire once, then it can be charged with 4 packets and can fire 9 times. I've tested and this works.

UpperKEES

Good, so the capacity of a mortar has been confirmed to be 30.6. Learned something again after playing for 10 months.... :P

Sqaz

This still leaves a question, why 30.6? Why not just 34? 10 shots every time seems to be more logical to me.

UpperKEES

Katra

I suspect the capacity was figured in number of shots; with the 30.6 resulting from the 9 shots being selected.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!