Rotating Fields

Started by eudrick, September 14, 2011, 04:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eudrick

I'd sure like to be able to rotate an entire field intact around the center (by as little as 5 degrees if possible) while maintaining the field commands as is within the field.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

UpperKEES

Yep, that's what I would have liked for the paddles of my pinball map as well.

However, every field is a rectangle. Assuming you'd like it to contain the same amount of subcells after each rotation, imagine the possible shapes this rectangle would have to be transformed into. Some subcells would have to stick out in a weird way to keep their number correct, so I guess only rotations of 90 degrees would be possible....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

eudrick

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 14, 2011, 05:21:57 PM

... every field is a rectangle. Assuming you'd like it to contain the same amount of subcells after each rotation, imagine the possible shapes this rectangle would have to be transformed into. Some subcells would have to stick out in a weird way to keep their number correct, so I guess only rotations of 90 degrees would be possible....

There is also the diamond pattern that can be laid down within the field (albeit somewhat smaller)  so 45 degrees might be possible.

UpperKEES

For (odd sized) squares that could work, but for rectangles? I understand your desire though....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

eudrick

I'd settle for 90 degrees although a diamond field shape by it's nature conforms to a square anyway.   ;)

allu

Actually sounds good idea. But as you guys mentioned rotation my not work perfectly. Exmaple 47degree field may cover different amount of subcells than normal positioned field. But propably allwoing field to rotate and then somekind of 50% of subcell is covered by field=fields affects the entire subcell...or something like that. 

It would be minor issue but idea seems good and working whit some minor bugs.