Over creeper limit

Started by cclloyd9785, August 11, 2011, 04:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

It might be me thinking wrong but on Day 18, theres an emitter with 500k strength.  Doesn't that mean that it won't go over 500k creeper in the pool?  It goes far over 1M if you let it sit...

UpperKEES

See here. That's only 7 topics further down in this board....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

cclloyd9785

I read that earlier.  Is there a way to see the max density?

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

cclloyd9785

But it doesn't say density on it.  It just says strength.

thepenguin

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 12, 2011, 10:47:43 PM
But it doesn't say density on it.  It just says strength.

strength=density
We have become the creeper...

cclloyd9785

So if strength = density = max density, then explain why it keeps going over the strength then?

Grauniad

Tell me what map you are talking about, and I'll open it up in the map editor and see what the values are.  Soon anyone should be able to do that when the editor becomes available.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

mpete

the gravity compresses the creeper?
the max only checks the emitters cell.
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Lord_Farin

Quote from: virgilw on August 07, 2011, 04:27:07 PM
Quote from: florrat on August 07, 2011, 01:57:08 PM
And I guess that for all code map missions "Density" = "Max Density"?

Correct.
This means that for Day 18, different settings may have been applied. The fact that only the emitter's cell is checked means that the maximum density in any connected space usually is effectively the sum of the maximum densities of the present emitters in that chamber
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Kithros

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 13, 2011, 02:36:52 PM
Quote from: virgilw on August 07, 2011, 04:27:07 PM
Quote from: florrat on August 07, 2011, 01:57:08 PM
And I guess that for all code map missions "Density" = "Max Density"?

Correct.
This means that for Day 18, different settings may have been applied. The fact that only the emitter's cell is checked means that the maximum density in any connected space usually is effectively the sum of the maximum densities of the present emitters in that chamber

That's not really accurate - if it were in 0G with no fields interfering, then the maximum density anywhere in the connected chamber will be at most equal to the maximum density of the higher one (not necessarily equal - there are some instances where this may not be true depending on how far away the emitters are and how high the maximum density is relative to the intensity of the emitter and such, since the weaker emitter may actually be reducing the density around it which will eventually effect the creeper around the other emitter if it is close enough). When you account for fields and gravity, then it's easily possible for any desnity to be achieved as long as creeper is being generated depending on the strength of the fields and direction etc.