Creeper World Plot Summaries

Started by Ebon Heart, June 13, 2011, 02:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

This is kind of a plot summary for creeper world 1, that's nearly turned into a fanfic. This should be helpful for anyone looking to play creeper world 2 that has not played creeper world 1 yet. It should also be a good story, let me know if I'm going to need to post this somewhere else or as one chunk, or what, and I will. Thanks to Nemoricus for helping with this.

Day one, The First Encounter.
Spoiler

It all began in the year 13,271. Mankind had colonized thousands of worlds, and continued to stretch its reach to the limits of space, and beyond. We found none our equal as we enjoyed the wonders of our bountiful empire. We walked among the stars as though we were gods! But sadly, gods we were not... It fell from the sky without purpose of reason, the creeper, as it was later known. I'll never forget the day.

We got a transmission in one day from Ara, saying that some strange meteorites had landed on their planet, and were oozing some sort of blue stuff. We never heard from the people of Ara again, and an alarm was sounded. The people of all of the worlds were to meet on a planet called hope, where a hero later known as "the old man" was attempting to gather what was left of humanity. Similar reports came from all over, humanity descended into anarchy as everyone tried to flee their home planets. 50 worlds were lost on the first day, and the entire human population nearly followed soon after. 50 thousand managed to make it to Hope, where we have started construction on Odin City, a great structure designed to house and support the last remnants of the human race. It is here that we shall fight off the creeper. Odin City will travel from world to world, never staying longer than it must. Humanity must not end today!
[close]

Day two, Hope.
Spoiler

Odin City was finally finished, and I took my first glance off the project to see the wonders of hope, and it looked promising. We were located on top of a mountain, with a large field of collectors around us. To our North-East were the three totems we would need to get off the planet, surrounded by walls. We had three blasters ready to go, with a fourth sitting just behind the city to replace damaged ones.

"Alright, listen up! We don't have much time." said a surprisingly gruff voice. "you need to learn how to control Odin City before the creeper gets here if we're gonna any hope of surviving here."

Standing there was an old, fragile man, with white hair and an authentic wooden waIking stick. I presumed this must be the revered "Old Man"

"It's an honor to meet you. I'm very... very pleased to-"

but he was already gone, out the door and off to... only the gods know where. I won't bore you with the little details of training, but in a nutshell, collectors harvest energy from an area around themselves. Based on your collection, you can create so many packets per second, which can be sent out along wires created between buildings that are close enough to build unbuilt buildings, or power turrets connected to the system. I had to control all this and more to get us off a planet safely.

All of humanity was resting on my shoulders. When the system is connected to rift totems, we're able to get off the planet and move farther into the galaxy, out of the clutches of the creeper, which is the ultimate goal. Glancing around though, I started to wonder something. "We seem to have a pretty good setup here," I said. "Why don't we just stay here to fend off the creeper?" Bill, our OPS turned to me with an evil intensity in his eyes and said, "We're being hunted son. Every second we stay here, the creeper gets closer. If we stay too long, it'll catch us. The sky will blacken the world over. And soon, a tsunami of creeper will surround us from all angles, a great wave of death and destruction that could be held back by nothing. It would eat away at the last of our kind like it was nothing. One of the most painful ways to die... If you want to see that, be my guest. You can stay, but me and everyone else with any common sense are leaving as soon as you can stop jabbering, and fly us over there." I followed his gesturing arm to where a few relays were already build behind some walls, connecting to 3 totems that would get us off of hope, the one place I thought we could be safe... but for how long?
[close]

Day three - Taurus
Spoiler

Once the world stopped spinning, I got my first look at our next world, only to see that our next world was approaching fast. We were falling faster than we should have been. I tried to remember what had happened... I remembered what I took to be the gates of hell, then a feeling of ultimate nothingness, like floating in an endless void. And now this.

"What's going on?!" I shouted over the rushing wind.

The one corner of my part of my consciousness that was still reasoning heard Bill shout back, "There's a problem with the new rift engines, something went-"

THUD

We landed with a bone jarring impact. I was thrown from where I was standing, and hit my head on the control board. I heard the other passengers screaming through my brief daze.

"Report!"  I shouted "what's the damage?"

"There seems to be a problem with our new rift engines" said the 'Old Man', as he attempted to regain his footing. "It'll be fixed in a jiff, nothing to worry about."

"I wouldn't say that." Said Bill as he climbed back into his chair. "That first rift has erased our data banks! We've lost valuable nano schematics, blueprints for buildings that could potentially be a huge asset to our survival!"

"Is there any good news?" I asked with a great sigh.

"Actually, yes!" Bill said, perking up a little. "It seems our nano schematic for the relay tech is close by... and it doesn't seem like there's any creeper here yet."

Just as he said that, I heard two loud pops, a simple sound really, but one that reminded me of awful things. It took me back to that fateful day... watching my friends and family being eaten away, hearing their screams, reminded me of that feeling of supreme helplessness. The sound of emitters activating.

"That's just great. Just lovely." Bill mumbled under his breath.

Close to panic, I asked, "What just happened?"

"Our rift engines must have activated what creeper forces were left behind here."

"That can't be good... no time to waste then, I'd best get started!"

I sat at the control panel, and looked around. We were surrounded by an erodible wall, on the top of a small hill, two emitters at the bottom, one of them near our nano schematic. I watched as a small amount of opaque blue liquid squeezed from each of them, not enough to be threatening, but enough to warn me of what could potentially happen. I decided to get a move on. After glancing at the controls for a brief moment, I ordered a line of collectors to be built to attach to the relay schematic, carefully maneuvering around the slowly forming pool of creeper. After that I build relays around the scattered walls to attach to the totems. Looking to the sky the entire time, hoping that I wasn't too late. Just as I powered up the totems and got ready to take off again, I heard a small voice.

"Don't leave Mister!" said a little boy.
I looked over to see him and the rest of his family rush into the control room, looking devastated.

"This is our home!" said a woman I presumed to be his mom. "I've lived my whole life here, I can't bear to have to leave it again, this time for good..."
"That was our house." chimed in the father, gesturing to one of what I had originally presumed to be walls. "After we heard of the creeper coming, we and several others fortified our homes, but after realizing that the creeper wouldn't be stopped, we fled, just in time. There are so many memories in that place, please, you have to save it!"

"I'm sorry, I really am." I said, my heart feeling heavy. "But we can't risk it. Much of our race's history will be lost, and we need to save what's left of it. Every second we spend here, the creeper gets closer. We can't let it catch us. And on top of that, every bit of energy we use to save your house could be used to feed the other 49,997 people in this city."

With that, I forcefully pressed the button. As we flew over the world, I watched as the first of many emitters fell, and instantly started oozing out creeper. I shuddered when I thoguht of what would have happened if we had stayed any longer. As we once again approached the gates of hell, many thoughts filled my mind, but the sounds were clearer. I heard the family screaming as they watched their house being destroyed,  I heard the popping of the dreaded emitters, but even more clearly than that, I heard Bill shouting,

"Wait! the rift engines aren't completely - "

But then all was nothing. This time I remained coherent enough to think, "Is this what will become of our world if the creeper is not stopped?" And on that note, me, and many of the other survivors steeled our resolve, and prepared for the next challenge, hoping for a miracle.
[close]

Day four - Fitch
Spoiler

We landed smoothly on the surface of Fitch, after rifting close to the ground. The rift engines must have been fixed after all. As glad as I was for the small bit of fortune, I couldn't bring myself to feel happy. My conversation with that family from Taurus kept circling through my head. The little boy and his mom crying as we took off, their screams as their house was destroyed... I looked around Fitch and saw several more of the green walls, and couldn't help but wonder what kinds of memories might be in there. I wanted to save them all, wanted to save other families from that same grief I had watched unfold back on Taurus. But I knew I couldn't. Even if I kept them safe while on Fitch, as soon as we left, the creeper would regain its grip on the world, and go back to eating everything away to nothingness. Erasing every memory it crossed on its quest for... Only the gods know. Power? Control? A Universe populated only by them? The end of all intelligent life? Whatever their goal, I knew I had to stop them. Not only for me, but for everyone with precious memories.

The first thing I noticed were several of the green squares. I couldn't help but wonder how they came to be, what stories may be associated with them. Were these replaceable walls, or homes that held precious memories to many people? Of course, I had to wonder, were there even people left to cherish these memories? I shook the distracting thoughts out of my head and got a good look around. There were several weak emitters that I knew would be separated from Odin City for quite a while. It appeared as though they'd landed in a valley with... what may have been a city. If it was, only a few buildings remained. I wanted to save them all, but I knew it would be pointless. The creeper would only devour them as soon as we left. It would all be for nothing.

Just then, the door opened, shattering my terrain of thought.

"We've got a problem, sir."  I  turned around to see Bill come in, looking exhausted.

"What's that?" I asked, a bit baffled. The creeper on this world wasn't at all threatening yet, and though we had less food than we started with, we were in no way running low.

"The Old Man has gone missing!"

"Oh my gods! Do you have any idea where he might be? Do you think he's still on the ship?"

"No to both, but I did find this note."

I've guided you far enough, the rest of this journey is yours to make alone. Follow these coordinates and the truth will reveal itself. Farewell young ones, and good luck. The future of all the world may be resting on your shoulders.
P0 ξ0 φD40GM7G λ Γ4D51 είναι4DX ΔIXQDXMLTKV ξXC4G1EQM φRG9DX4CN ΔVL2 λTE8Q7KI Γ5J ξQVVW φFDJKNE Q7XHM ΓMGNA φ53MBGM8ZSTYZNIZ ΔΓ1OH3E90Q5XADF Δ9IU7281C φ4IR9LMTQ5 ξ1L254YEHDDR7 BVO φPLVYDJ ΓK386EMIN4S ΓW50 λXMT0 φ5MA6DTJN λVHE ΓAERBVG4F ΔFQ ΓW2VP ξF φM2I5vA Γ6J ξJ6WT6R 601VHC38P4 φ395Z5 ΔAPE0RX ΓPXTULCZFY8H4ID79 φCCUO8RDQ4 ΓRKEI8B6IS4WJRL φ1Z7Q8 TGB ΓCCGYT λQXRBXNBGNA Γ φ λΓOUZ ΓNKZ7FYE9JZHUAV24 φCG71FJW3S5YJ λNM φ8RRCBQK6AFEDSXH CJ6I2JEV96TTQ Γ ΓK41BHI6MU9T0QISEYK ΓPRF73T φGI6EEJ5 Δ5JX43EWAX9 ΓDQ ξ2NFV7QDX47 1G2W2IM93 ΓQAMS ΓM φY ΓSSB54C λRX9JI ΔQQM1KAFY4TXYOMWB348Z ξφESJBQ99I2A ΔMAU λCR487XJ PD44SMEPY ΓZCH φU4HAW2PTQX ΔXISU9XQA7O λVXYF2J ΔECLRFN5Q49FXHU2GMI Δ1HFO43TAFZ EX6 φBR63YR ΔO0JUZ ΓP3Q7AC7SCT6ETYA321S1TZOG φI5TWRL λOREK λXCU72925Y8O ξG91WLKX ZAHQ7 σκέψη27UGTFR2MW φλKG0W ξ0 λAXCD Γ ΓP0Q ΓWFCQEJN8F0 Γ φRX λIJN2RKD00V ΔGRDKQ692HUE01ZZB R79NJC ΓU ξCKB φQGJNLME5SEWVEWIQ5QDH78ILJ71QCV79WLBNXUU0L6MW6OUC5GB2X Δ0FP I69LE6C Δ7X65QNU λS1O ξφWXJ8SZUYKMQ7CQ5W5H φ87 λL53B72II ξKN5JW37UK φW λGD5QJY2I0 ξFX ROE9XIMT2 φC ΓQT1K2K Γ08SKK Γ ξMYM65 φPUPT ξ7QXX1F Δ07Y φY λUQRUCMHJGX ξSM ΔQ8Z6P7SIG3BJS1 3ZPTXSN λHP3K φNJNZT8LBH φ7 ΔZB7ZE ξ2BC ΔLD λ4R79 ΓQH ΔIQ ξ ΓE φ1 λ7 φDIHT0 ΔYPSN Γ λ0KH Δ93A6 λ φ28R φ8NG NO KLJE φRLCCA ξ9NQLRvPICRI ξ2K καλά FQMJIX φ80 ξEZLP Γ

"That's all it says... These coordinates don't seem to follow any pattern, I wonder what they could mean." Said Bill, studying the note.

"I'm not sure, but I know that we should follow them. The Old Man has proved himself time and time again, this may be his parting favor to mankind." I said, my resolution growing with each passing second.

I won't bore you with all the details of fighting through the creeper on fitch. There was no real threat. I had the totems connected in no time, and we were headed to the first set of coordinates on the list, finally feeling as though we had a goal. There might finally be hope.
[close]
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ebon Heart

This post is reserved for more story segments. (my first post is about out of room)

Ebon Heart

this post reserved for more space.

Ebon Heart

Day three's up. They won't all be that long, this one has a lot of dialogue. And many of the days will likely be skipped over.
EDIT: moved day 3.

UpperKEES

Ehm, can't you just post all of them in one topic? It's no use filling the entire CW1 gameplay board with this....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on June 14, 2011, 02:40:28 AM
Done. :)
Thank you.
EDIT: and I moved all three parts up top.

Michionlion

yeah... i think 1 topic is enough.  you might want to sort it too by putting each day in spoilers.  then you can find the new one easily, or find a certain day.  (like i did with my cw guide)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

I should warn you that there is a limit to the size of each post. Not exactly sure what it is, but it exists.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

you should see some of KEES's posts....

EDIT: wait... you probably already have.  ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on June 14, 2011, 10:51:35 AM
I should warn you that there is a limit to the size of each post. Not exactly sure what it is, but it exists.
I'm sure i'll find out soon enough...

thepenguin

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 14, 2011, 12:03:18 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on June 14, 2011, 10:51:35 AM
I'm sure i'll find out soon enough...

20000 characters
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

and I'm only at 8,888 characters so far.

Ranakastrasz

This is excelent already.

Also, I think i understand why people have to reserve the first few posts in their new threads. Shame the thread owner cannot use an insert option...

Ebon Heart

Ya, I may have to ask Mich to delete his first two posts so I'll have room.