Custom Map: River Valley

Started by AutoPost, April 17, 2010, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: River Valley

Author: ItsFunToLose

Desc:
[UPDATE] The dam is about to burst and speed is of the essence.
Hard to win, hard to lose. You'll be here a while.
Updated: Terrain tweaks to prevent an unintended relay path
Update: Terrain fixed and starting structures reduced. If you can't make it in time, blame Alwego :-p

UpperKEES

Original start off! I enjoyed playing it, but wouldn't rate it Expert Only. I overbuilt a little, so there's about 1-2 minutes to gain.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Sqaz

Yep, not expert only at all, only the start is a bit difficult, but the totems are placed way to easy, you only have to connect one through fighting, as one can be connected just by collectors and the other one by bridging the city.

UpperKEES

Great time Sqaz!  8)

The funny thing is that I tried to avoid connecting to the totems with OC while building the last relays, but when I had to charge them I used blasters and a collector. :P So I overbuilt even a lot more than I already concluded. I guess that's what you get when you play maps at 4:14 AM.... ;)

DethbyIT

Will someone tell my why that Blaster in the OC socket won't activate?
I managed to build Relays/Collectors all the way across, but now can't set OC down and commence fighting.
Thanks,
dbit

mthw2vc

Locked units do not activate'unlock' until you land the city while connected to them.

DethbyIT

Yikes!
I'm going to have to 'land' in the Creeper?
I guess it is going to be a really quick landing and take-off.
(The pilots call that a "touch-and-go".)

Thanks for the tip - give me a couple of minutes...make that a few minutes...to try.
dbit

UpperKEES

You can survive with OC in the Creeper for quite a while, so don't worry. I often do it to charge the final totem(s) while bridging.

DethbyIT

All right!
Thank you both - I managed to survive.

On to the next one from "ItsFunToLose".
dbit

ItsFunToLose

WOW! its nice to see this game is still being played.  I haven't been on this site in ages.  Reading your comments is fun.  Thanks for playing the maps.

fridge

Hmmm...I think im best player  :D I used 9 blasters and some energystore.