What's Your Favorite Part Of CW

Started by thomaswarner, January 01, 2010, 12:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaswarner

Just say what you like the best about creeper world.

Kamron3

I throw a lot of things in my mind. I sort it out unconsciously and it pops out a blob. This blob is what my mind thinks. I can't specifically tell you my favorite part, but what my blob says:

1) Virgil is the entire reason why I love the game. When you have an active Dev that listens to your ideas, it makes you REALLY want to play the game.
2) Tower defense. I am addicted to them, I wish more quality ones would come out... Like Vector TD 2 =) (I would post a link, but it seems my site doesn't have Vector TD!! I know it used to be there =)

_k

thomaswarner

It's a lot the same for me.

Also, I've played vector TD on http://www.candystand.com/

twoartistic

I like that you can place towers anywhere, and create your own strategy path. Games that have fixed routes are lame, and don't exercise your problem solving muscles nearly as well.

The idea of a nano goo, is a great premise, and is challenging to defeat quickly.

Lots of maps, is a blast. Great fun game!

I find this CW very addicting. :)

SPIFFEN

I like TD games , and CW is an great TD game .
And i think the game super because of the custom maps ,
thats make this an game that can last for ever =D
And there is much activity here ,
and errors gets fixed fast .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

The Creep Destroyer

What everyone eles has said + NEVER SEEN A GAME LIKE IT :) and honistly what game has a flow of blue stuff that isnt a single entitys but ALL ONE :) and the simplistity of the buildings yet how complex it is...
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

Sauffaus

At first the Defence-aspect attracted me... I love TowerDefence-games. I played the demo, and quickly got facinated by the novel "liquid" enemy.

I bought the game, and finished all the built-in missions in 2 days. Then I went on to look at the Map-builder.

Now, what keeps me here, is the ability to build maps... I simply love to figure out how to tweak a map, and do graphics, that will challenge myself and others :D

archn

I played on armor games and fell in love.. when I found out that there were custom maps and an editor it quickly became even more awesome.

UpperKEES

I've always loved TD games without a fixed path, because the number of possible solutions becomes unlimited and the replay value becomes much higher.

CW is unique in several aspects, for instance: the enemy that spreads out over the map, the towers that can be moved and the central role of Odin City.

The custom maps really add something I'm only used to see from FPS games and is an important reason for games to 'stay alive'.

This game has so much potential; I'm sure we haven't seen everything yet!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

xing

Quote from: Kamron3 on January 01, 2010, 12:34:16 PM
2) Tower defense. I am addicted to them, I wish more quality ones would come out... Like Vector TD 2 =) (I would post a link, but it seems my site doesn't have Vector TD!! I know it used to be there =)

_k

http://www.towerdefence.net/games-104-Vector_Tower_Defence_2.php

this is also the site I got the demo of this game of :)

Commander Strife

i found that it sucked me in and i got involved into it alot quicker. the look of the game set me off onto trying it a bit but when i saw that it "blurs the line between tower defense and real time strategy" i thought "i have to try this out" and i can say after beating the last story mission. well freaking done! i also love the level of strategy it has, even though there are four towers (last one is a superweapon so it doesn't count) they all play and affect the game differently. i dropped playing all other games like diablo 2 and unreal tournament 2004 to play this once i got into it. also the final six story missions gave me adrenaline rushes when teetering into oblivion especially the nexus mission.
We Are Endless...
Light will collapse beside Evil...
With Our Approach...
All Will Fall...

crazyone76

i liked it becuase of the story in it because it is great and becuase of the maps
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aurzel

i like the strategy involved, the enemy and that despite the fact that there's only one goal (hopefully will be changed once virgil's expansion is it) there are many different ways of accomplishing the goal and also many different ways to keep maps interesting

UpperKEES

Oh and I forgot something that always brings a smile on my face:

Whenever I finish Loki and the credit screen comes up, the function descriptions change instead of the names. :D
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

crazyone76

Quote from: UpperKEES on February 10, 2010, 07:23:59 AM
Oh and I forgot something that always brings a smile on my face:

Whenever I finish Loki and the credit screen comes up, the function descriptions change instead of the names. :D
what do you mean?
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!