GameGibu's Maps (2016.02.19)

Started by GameGibu, December 31, 2015, 09:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLFP

Quote from: GameGibu on January 23, 2016, 04:18:59 AM
New Map in the works right now! Started about four hours ago and now I'm finished, but I'll need super-mega-extreme-hardcore-expert players to post scores so that I can upload and possibly challenge Alter Old! (if he even does that kind of thing, and of course he's made quick work of my other maps, but this is far from any ordinary map. )

Here's something to get you thinking...

Yup, I made that from scratch in about a half hour. It was such many fun in such dinky little program.  ;)
Guess exactly what it does before I release and I'll put you, yes you, into my next map!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

-GameGibu
A laser satellite that destroys player units.
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

TLFP

Here's the Avatar! (Just in case anyone is wondering, I guessed what the unit does)

GameGibu

Ok, I got it and made it the right size, now i just have to get an uploadable save of Disintegration and then start on a new map  concept.

Thanks!

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Karsten75

OK, so now I'm taking note. If this thread does not return to discussing your maps, this thread will materialize in the Random section.

GameGibu

Right... deleting posts...
                            ^
                    Irrelevant
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

Disintegration is out! Tell me what you think! (other than "it's too hard", of course.)   :D :D

-GameGibu

And thanks again to Johnny Haywire for playtesting and providing constructive criticism!  ;D If he couldn't complete the map, then I could not post it.  :D
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

I may do a map series next. If you think this is a good idea, please say so.  :)

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

TLFP

Quote from: GameGibu on February 04, 2016, 11:59:42 AM
I may do a map series next. If you think this is a good idea, please say so.  :)

-GameGibu
I say so!  ;)

GameGibu

Okay, so what I'm working on right now is something that I think at least TheLongFellowPLAYER will appreciate. If it runs correctly, I've managed to write this complicated system in two scripts and without hitting 0(n2).

If you know what that means then you will definitely appreciate the portability I've built in and plan to build in.

This could even become a third game type.

-GameGibu

☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

I haz new map up!  :D :D

It's called "Particular", and it's the second map in my Particles series!

Check it out!

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 17, 2016, 04:07:37 PM
Tried this last night and failed miserably so came back at it tonight with a new strategy and loved it. The first map with the new unit was good but the gameplay was not complex, this map kicks some butt though. Fantastic challenge that had me consistently challenged throughout, 10/10. 

Thanks, D0m0nik! I tried to make this play interesting by blocking a guppy rush to the far arm.

Your rating means a lot to me...

I wish everyone rated maps fairly but meh, that's out of my control.

-GameGibu

QuoteLive long and prosper - er I mean, I hope this doesn't hurt too much.
*pokes you in the eyes*
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

This version lagged my comp a lot more than the previous one. You're just TRYING to get me to buy a new computer aren't you?!  :P
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

GameGibu

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on February 18, 2016, 04:14:20 PM
This version lagged my comp a lot more than the previous one. You're just TRYING to get me to buy a new computer aren't you?!  :P

You must have let it run or done really high speed, because the lag is a little less noticeable at normal speeds/when using frame-stepping, which is what I do all the time.

Sorry  :-\
-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

No problem, mate! Yeah I always play in at least 4x speed - on big, long maps I'll get the speed booster to kick it up to 10x or so. Don't care so much about posted times as in the amount of real time it takes me to win.

I do "need" a new computer. Haven't bought a desktop for myself in almost 2 years now. Everyone knows that games exist for the primary purpose of showing how inadequate old computers are... which influences you to buy a new machine and keep it until games run too slowly on it. I'm not sure if computers have another use or not.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?