Day 18 help

Started by Katra, May 16, 2011, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kithros

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 17, 2011, 07:10:53 PM
Quote from: carderw on May 17, 2011, 07:06:54 PM
i can seem to get it done before the creeper monster is released.  ???

Can or can't? That superdrone is supposed to give you trouble. Many upgraded blasters are the answer. Give it to him! ;D
I think he means the space invader - but as said before, the best way to deal with it are using shields to keep it from getting out - the picture above probably can work if you know what you're doing, but I suspect it would still be much faster to play the level using shields because you would be able to get reactors and such up a lot faster.

When you get to the bottom place, you basically want just enough blasters to keep the  really fast drones away while a shield keeps the creeper out and the rest fully upgraded launchers (be sure to have lots of reactors to support them though) - usually the shield will get hit by a drone at some point, but by then the launchers have hopefully done enough damage that the blasters can deal with the creeper. For the superdrone I would recommend destroying all your microrifts but the one by your ship and the one at the bottom, and have 20+ upgraded blasters near your ship. It will go through at some point, and then your blasters can kill it off. Once you get to the small squares it's pretty easy  with just shields and launchers.

betadata

GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  80 mins of tough battle only to lose by not paying attention to where the creeper was going to go when I went for the capsule.

UpperKEES

Ctrl-C = Quick Save :)
Ctrl-V = Quick Load :) :) :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

betadata

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 17, 2011, 11:29:16 PM
Ctrl-C = Quick Save :)
Ctrl-V = Quick Load :) :) :)

Thanks :) alittle late now but in the future I will use that.

BTW shields are very good friends.

TypoNinja

Quote from: betadata on May 17, 2011, 11:26:48 PM
GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  80 mins of tough battle only to lose by not paying attention to where the creeper was going to go when I went for the capsule.

I picked up on the possibility of that happening right away. Go at it wrong and you'll flood the capsule.

thepenguin

Spoiler
what I do is put up a large amount of blasters outside the really dense terrain, three layers thick
[close]
We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

the best way to get this without fancy playing is just to build shields where the hole is.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

danable24

it sucked i was working on taking the gate and emitter in the left pool, the invader was held back by shields... and the pool at the right just randomly overflowed! it took out the reactors in teh mountain but what killed me was a small hole in the shields that the invader passes through!... that pool just randomly jumped up like 5 inches

Michionlion

probably fields activated in so and so time.  i just put a launcher there about 3 mins in and it was dead in a minute.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

The space invader things on this level are awesome!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

J

You could build 3 shields to stop the space invaders, 3/4 launchers could clean it.

Kithros

For the space invaders I pretty much just put a layer of shields there and 1 launcher. Occasionally I replace the layer of shields, but I never need to build anything more for it. If you want to kill the emitter there, then you want to take the  back door to the gateway + emitter next to it (through the 25 dig cost rock) with about 4 blasters and a launcher, then nullify the emitter through there, but if you're going for a good time you don't really need to kill all that stuff off.