CW and CW2 Publisher Information

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, June 23, 2011, 09:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyxis_GeeK

I was in control panel and was removing some programs when I saw that CW and CW2 have an unknown publisher. Shouldn't this say Knuckle Cracker? Not really a issue I was just curious to why it says unknown. I attached a screenshot.

Kamron3

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on June 23, 2011, 09:28:08 PM
I was in control panel and was removing some programs when I saw that CW and CW2 have an unknown publisher. Shouldn't this say Knuckle Cracker? Not really a issue I was just curious to why it says unknown. I attached a screenshot.

I do believe it's because it was installed by Adobe AIR. I have other AIR Apps installed and they all say UNKNOWN as well.

Pyxis_GeeK

I see. Not a big deal I was just curious. Thanks Kam.

Grauniad

I asked Virgil about that a long time back. My recollection is that apparently one has to pay a fee to someone to have that name there. Something like a key to validate the install. It costs money and has to be renewed annually. Virgil chose to go without.

If I'm mistaken he'll hopefully correct me.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Pyxis_GeeK

Now that you mention it, it seems this has been brought up before somewhere else in the forums. I figured it would be a money issue. No big deal. It doesn't have to say Knuckle Cracker. :)

CobraKill

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on June 23, 2011, 10:39:52 PM
Now that you mention it, it seems this has been brought up before somewhere else in the forums. I figured it would be a money issue. No big deal. It doesn't have to say Knuckle Cracker. :)

It has to say Virgil Wall ;)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 24, 2011, 01:30:13 AM
See here: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=249.msg1739#msg1739

Really Kees? This post is 2 years old. How did you find it? I'm sure you searched but what did you search for?

ontheworld

Pyxis_GeeK

UpperKEES

I recalled reading it and searched for 'certificate' by 'virgilw'. ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview