Getting started with PRPL?

Started by TonnyT, November 18, 2016, 10:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonnyT

Hey everybody, I know this question has probably been asked a hundred times over.
Can anyone link me a wiki or a tutorial on PRPL? I've searched up and down this forum, google and the game files. but I can't find a straight answer on how to get started, I would love to learn.

Thanks!
Novus Imperium Corporation
CEO: Tony Carlisle

Today our concern must be with the future. For the world is changing. The old era is ending. The old ways will not do.

-President John Fitzgerald Kennedy

GoodMorning

The short answer is: Not yet.

The longer answer is:

Most (but not all) of PRPL inherits from CRPL, so the basics can be learned there.

Some of the information on PRPL commands (such as CreateParticle) can be found here and here.

To look at already written scripts, there is a guide here.

The wiki remains underpopulated with individual command pages, due to an idea to create them all at once. This is still in progress...

PRPL also has global variables, used with ->*; dot notation, used with <-UIDInVariable.PropertyName; and list bracket notation, used with <-ListVariable[<-IndexVariable].

It has also been considered to have the game be able to download a local copy of the docs from the wiki. I don't know the status of that, though.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TonnyT

Thanks for all the help!

I'm guessing from the way the code works, ships with custom modules are stuck to the maps they're on?
Novus Imperium Corporation
CEO: Tony Carlisle

Today our concern must be with the future. For the world is changing. The old era is ending. The old ways will not do.

-President John Fitzgerald Kennedy

GoodMorning

So far, yes. Ship-based custom modules are coming, but what exactly their capabilities will be remains uncertain.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.