Custom Map problems

Started by Destroyer333, April 04, 2011, 08:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destroyer333

Don't know if this is in the wrong topic...but, when I download maps, it will download but i can't find where the file is downloaded. It says the file is under, Users>Me>AppData>Local>Temp...but i don't have an "AppData" file in my C/: sooooooo.... I was wondering if anyone had this problem or knew how to fix it. Thx

Grauniad

Do one of three things (and it would have been helpful if you thought to mention which browser you are using, since al browsers are different).

1.  Change the settings of your browser to allow you to specify where to download files to.

2. Use the Download link in your browser settings to open the currently active download location.

3. Open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and in the address bar type %appdata% (including the % signs).  THen navigate from there.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Yep, that's definitely the fastest way to get your downloaded maps into the game when you've downloaded a whole bunch of them. You have to copy them to %appdata%\Roaming\CreeperWorld\customgames

Alternatively you can import them from the Custom Maps screen in CW after downloading, but you'll have to do that 1 by 1.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

Copy and paste is also an very nice way to get the map you need ,
so copy the map name when you downloade it ,
and paste it in the game : import custom map button ( select the file with .cwm )

You might see where all the files are as well , and see where they are stored .
( when you press the down arrow on the top there )

Think this should be moved to support or to the custom map thread .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Destroyer333

Thank you SPIFFEN, and everyone else, for the help, Copy and paste works fine.