Weekly 5-map Tournament - Palindromes - Closing:7-24-2011

Started by thepenguin, July 19, 2011, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Measure

The winner should not pick the next tourney, but the tourney after next. So by now we should all know the pick for this week, and it gives the winner a few days to make his pick for the tourney after that.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Measure on July 25, 2011, 11:36:13 AM
The winner should not pick the next tourney, but the tourney after next. So by now we should all know the pick for this week, and it gives the winner a few days to make his pick for the tourney after that.
I think this is a good idea. However we would have to think about a solution for the one-week gap that would exist when this gets implemented
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Colin

The rules for these tournaments have already been addressed
and readdressed when we used to do them for CW1, see here.

According to these rules, Fisherck will choose the maps, and
if he wins again? 2nd place and so forth.

Also, if we 'know' which maps will be featured in the next
tournament, what stops us from getting ahead? This is why
it is kept secret until it is publicly released then everyone
has an equal amount of time to complete the maps.
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

mopa42

Since I don't think Fisherck will be around to do it, here are some screenshots of how I did the missions.
Actually, I've just got 1 because that's all I remembered to take. Didn't think I'd be "winning".

Flee to me, remote elf
First I grabbed the green gem, flew right, grabbed the red gem, then dug under the emitter to nullify it. I used 1 blaster to keep the ship from dying.
Then, I built up my energy supply as much as I could, and attacked the main chamber from both ends. Coming from the bottom was pretty easy since the gravity was up.

Measure

Quote from: Colin on July 25, 2011, 12:40:32 PM
Also, if we 'know' which maps will be featured in the next
tournament, what stops us from getting ahead? This is why
it is kept secret until it is publicly released then everyone
has an equal amount of time to complete the maps.

You could still keep it secret, but having the week delay would allow more time for the maps to be chosen and, I suppose, tested to make sure they are not instant wins or impossible scenarios, before released

Even if you made it public, everyone would have the same advantage.