Every competitor will have until Sunday evening at midnight (forum time (GMT - 5)) to set the best scores/times for these 5 maps, all linked together by their common theme, so just start playing!
The winner (best total score) gets to pick a new theme and publish the dates to be played before Monday evening at midnight (forum time).
This will ensure the winner doesn't have a major advantage and also makes sure that every player has 6 days to participate.
Last weeks winner is also responsible for determining next weeks winner by calculating/checking the total scores.
Each tournament will have its own topic (Created by the winner of the previous week's tournament) where players can post scores and discuss their progress.B.Please note:
- It is not allowed for the same player to submit scores with different names. If done so, both names will be disqualified.
- Winners are calculated by highest total score, however, in the event that two players are tied in their scores, the lowest total time wins.
- When two players have the same total score and the same total time, the amount of individual #1 spots counts, followed by the amount of #2 spots, etc.
- When the tournament has been won by the same player as last week the runner up (#2) will pick the next theme to ensure themes & maps will be picked by different people.
- When this runner up already picked last weeks theme (same top 2 twice), the number three will pick the theme + maps
- When this number three already picked last weeks theme (same top 3 three times), the winner will pick the theme + maps again
I will keep this initial post up-to-date with a list of nominated themes and winners of kept tournaments.C.Regarding calculating and posting the results of the tournament you won:
1. Of course the final results haven't been posted yet, but I'm sure the winner will know he has won by adding and comparing his scores.
2. Use Mopa42's Score Viewer
to get totals & export table
3. It's a tradition that the winner of a tournament posts screenshots of his solutions for others to learn from. Use the backspace key to create a screenshot; it will automatically be saved in your 'documents\creeperworld2_screens' folder. When posting click 'Additional Options' to be able to attach them.D.Regarding posting next weeks tournament theme & topic:
1. When selecting the theme yourself just pick one from the list (see first post of this thread) or think of one yourself. Please make sure it will appeal to a wide variety of players.
2. When selecting the codes of maps to be played make sure these maps haven't been played before. I would also check if you're not posting any fools mate maps (maps that can be finished without engaging the creeper at all), (also, no impossible maps (undiggable terrain surrounding an emitter)
3. When entering the name of the new tournament topic, please use this format: "Weekly 5-Map Tournament - [theme title] - closing [date of next Sunday]".
4. Use Mopa42's Score Viewer
when posting all tournament data.
5. Please provide a link to this thread, containing the overview of themes, previous tournaments, players rankings and most important: the rules!
6. No two maps in a tournament can have the same combination of size/complexity
7. if a new tournament is not posted on monday before midnight (forum time), I will supply a tournament before noon (forum time) on tuesday, in the event that no tournament is created by noon (forum time) on tuesday, anyone
can create the next week's tournament
|3.||Highest Mountains||florrat||Evil Roc||jlog|
|4.||2011 IMO winners||Fisherck||florrat||Evil Roc|
|5.||World Record Running Times||Evil Roc||Lord_Farin||jlog|
|6.||Movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger||jlog||Katra||RichieRich|
|12.||Obscure Metal Bands||zaphod||TheSmileyCoder||DethbyIT||56843||56729||56577|
|13.||Ships From Alien Movies||Lord_Farin||zaphod||Durban||58574||57986||57602|
|14.||Stephen King Books||TheSmileyCoder||Katra||zaphod||59154||58333||58119|
|16.||Well Known Figures of Taiwan||Wheatmidge||mopa42||Amram||57446||56827||54642|
|17.||Characters of Final Fantasy||Amram||testicle||Katra||58625||58444||58116|
|21.||R.A. Salvatore's Novels||Wheatmidge||testicle||Amram||56298||56278||55840|
|24.||My Recent Music Findings||Kava09||zaphod||testicle||61855||61585||61399|
|25.||Characters from Discworld Novels||Wheatmidge||dt42||Katra||59995||59581||59315|
|26.||Character Classes in Diablo 3||J||Wheatmidge||dt42||57632||57574||57366|
|27.||Bloons in btd5||Wheatmidge||zaphod||dt42||59514||58448||57213|
|31.||Famous Addresses||Fisherck||the master||Cavemaniac||59779||59734||59543|
|32.||Expensive Paintings||the master||dt42||Katra||58422||56623||55654|
|33.||Stages of the Big Bang||Martin||the master||dt42||58214||58202||57573|
|34.||Beautiful girl of the Whedonverse||Helper||Martin||ctuna||56299||54710||53242|
|37.||5 Fastest Production Cars||Helper||dt42||ctuna||59608||58329||57967|
|38.||The Best Of The Best||TheSmileyCoder||Helper||ctuna||22821||22012||10950|
|39.||Moments in Computer History||Helper||Lord_Farin||ctuna||56339||56102||54324|
|40.||Star Trek, the original||Helper||mopa42||TheSmileyCoder||59004||58856||58571|
|41.||Animal Group Names||TheSmileyCoder||Wheatmidge||mopa42||60101||60020||59955|
|43.||"Big Bang Theory" (Wimmens)||TheSmileyCoder||Helper||mopa42||60044||59847||59819|
|47.||US Presidential election 2012||TheSmileyCoder||Helper||dt42||59588||58156||57429|
|51.||Fun With Names||TheSmileyCoder||florrat||Helper||61973||61971||61180|
And the scoreboard:
|PlayerName||Gold Medals||Silver Medals||Bronze Medals||Totals|
(Results up to #50, supplied by Helper
* Won a point (or more), without finishing all maps in the tournament
H.Future (suggested) topics:
feel free to make theme suggestions as a post in this thread
Updated with data supplied by Helper to reflect status up to tournament #50. -G.
- CW (1 and 2) Map names
- Names and locations of famous landmarks, like volcanoes, wonders of the world, lighthouses, large rivers
- Famous last words
- Components of a computer, like Microprocessor or Keyboard
- Fun/unique/special words in the English language, like in this list or this list
- Characters from a book (Lord of the Rings), or a comic (Calvin & Hobbes), or a movie, etc
- Cronom tournament maps
- James Bond Movies
- James Bond Actors
- Beatles Songs/Albums