Game channel request

Started by UpperKEES, February 11, 2013, 02:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

I would like to request a public game channel in chat.

In this channel dice (or other) games can be played (J just developed a nice tool to keep scores for yahtzee).

This will prevent the conversations in the main public channel from being disturbed.

Of course the players could set up a private channel, but this way it's more clear when a game is being played and the channel won't depend on a certain player.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

ShadowDragon7015

I think it would be nice to have a yahtzee channel  :D.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

hoodwink

I third this; it was quite annoying when people were talking, and the players kept rolling the dice in the way. But yes, a specific game channel would be very helpful, and people could then just join the chat for the games, and not have to figure out where/who it was.

Good idea kees!
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

J

Good idea! When I played yahtzee with SD there were not really conversations in the chat, but that might be different next time.

UpperKEES

*silence*

Should we take that for a 'no'?

ShadowDragon7015

I still think it is a good idea.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Grauniad

Please. Right now, none of this is on a critical release path.  I would rather that those prefer playing games don't do so when the majority in the channel has no option. If the majority have another room available, they can go there. An individual user can also extend invitations to one or more other users to join then in a private channel.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Oh, I figured you (as a Global Mod) would have been able to add that channel. Indeed not a critical path at all, so never mind. :)