How can i open maps created with Creeper Map ?

Started by CyberGuy, July 23, 2010, 02:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberGuy

Hi Guys,
at first of all:
Excuse my bad english, i'm german.

My question: How can i play Creeper Map maps?

If i double-click, it just open with Creeper World.
If i try to open with Creeper World, The normally game starts.

I've got the full version of Creeper World, and, if u want to know, windows vista.

Hopefully for answers,
Sebastian

Karsten75

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, so I will rephrase your question and give answers. If none of those work, then post again:

1. How can I edit Creeper World custom maps?

A1. Download and install the Creeper World map editor. Then in the map editor, click on "Load Map" button.

2. How can I edit maps that are part of the Creeper World Story, Special Ops or Conquest series?

A2. You can't, those maps are locked in the game.

3. I want to play a Custom Map but I don't know how to do so.

A3. Download the map, save it on your computer somewhere. Then open the purchased version V0380 (version number is on the opening screen) and click on the "Custom Maps" button. Then click on the "Import Custom Map" button and navigate to where you saved the downloaded map.  After that is should be easy.  If you do not have game V0380, then download the upgrade patch here.  Beware, if you get a prompt from Adobe to upgrade AIR, decline the upgrade - there is a serious performance issue with the current version of adobe AIR.

HTH

CyberGuy

My question was the third.

I have version 0380, but there's no "Import custom map" button.

Echo51

Click custom maps, then there should be a giant green BLUE one at the top?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

CyberGuy

Sorry, where should i click "Custom Maps" ?
In the internet or in the game?

Echo51

Start the game, then click custom maps in the menu, then there is a BLUE button saying "import custom maps"

CyberGuy

Ok - i start the game.

There this buttons: Story, Conquest,Special Orbs, How to play, Hall of Honor, Credits and Exit the game. That's it.

Echo51

Weird, mind giving a screenshot of the menu?

CyberGuy

mthw2vc

It seems you are using an old version of the game. How can it be an old version of the game if it says 0380, you ask? In older versions of the game, it only checked the version that AIR thought the game was and used that in the menu. The only way for this to happen is if you replaced your main.swf with that of an old version after patching it.
EDIT: It seems as if this problem was solved in chat.

Karsten75

You seem to have a hacked version of the game. This happens because in older versions, the game version was in a file and not in the .exe.

Virgil has fixed this in the later game versions, I believe, but what you see is the hacked version.

Virgil's explanation.

Echo51

From what i heard over chat it worked for him now, but we'll see..

Karsten75

Quote from: Echo51 on July 24, 2010, 04:22:29 PM
From what i heard over chat it worked for him now, but we'll see..

From what I heard, you were quite the hero in troubleshooting and fixing this in chat!  :)

Echo51

CyberGuy

I reinstalled it and repatched it, and now i can upload maps !

Hacked version? no. why?